Chapter 12:The Cookie

"Okay it says that we still need one tear, and I almost never cry" I said, stirring the batter and Evie, Jay, and Mal were next to me while Carlos was sitting on the counter with Dude by his side,"Let's just chop up some onions" Carlos suggested,"Good idea but that won't work because it says we need one tear of human sadness and this love potion gets the best reviews so, we have to follow it exactly" I said,"A tears a tear" Jay said, annoyed,"That's not true Jay, they both have antibiotics and enzymes but an emotional tears has more protein based hormones than a reflexed tear" Evie said, handing me the bag of flour,"Look at you" I said, surprised and impressed,"Yeah, I knew that" Jay muttered, Carlos sniggered,"Did not" Carlos said, hitting Jay on the arm,"Did too" Jay shot back. The door opened and Lonnie came in,"There you are Mal, I was looking for you" Lonnie said, walking towards us, I grabbed a napkin and threw it over my spellbook so she couldn't see it,"You know all the girls want you to do their hair" Lonnie said, I looked over at Mal with my eyebrow raised and she shrugged,"Midnight snack huh, what you guys making?" Lonnie asked,"Nothing special, just cookies" I said then she dipped her finger into the batter,"Oh No, No, No Wait, Wait!" we all shouted but Lonnie already licked the batter off her finger, she looked at as confused,"What? I'm not gonna double dip" she said,"Feel, anything?" I asked,"Like maybe it might be missing something?" Mal suggested. Jay jumped off the counter and leaned on a pole, gazing into her eyes,"Hey there" Lonnie made a weird face at him and change the subject,"Could use some chips" she said, looking back at Mal and me,"Chips?" I asked,"And those are?" Mal questioned,"Chocolate chips" Lonnie said, going over to the refrigerator, she grabbed the bowl of chocolate chips out of the fridge and close the door,"Only the most important food group" she grabbed a handful of them and tossed them into the batter then she looked up at us,"Wait, didn't your moms ever make you chocolate chip cookies?" I looked into the bowl and watched as the chips sunk into the batter. I glanced at Mal and Evie, who were next to me and they looked sad, well all of us look sad, my mother would never make cookies for me, no matter how much I try to be what she wants, she would never do that, I thought,"Like when you're sad and they're fresh out of the oven with a big ole glass of milk, and she just make you laugh and puts everything into perspective and..." we all looked at her with confused and saddened faces,"Why are you all looking at me like that?" She asked,"It's just different where we're from" I said in a whisper,"Yeah I know, I just...you know, I thought even villains love their kids" Lonnie said, when she said those words I kind of stumbled a bit and almost fell but Carlos caught me and he wrapped his arms around my waist and he put his chin on my shoulder, I felt a tear rolling down my cheek as I was looking at the floor,"Oh...how awful" I looked back up and seen a tear slide down her cheek, Mal quickly swiped the tear away and flicked it in the batter, thank god Mal was next to her and the first to act fast, I thought then Carlos let go of me and I ushered Lonnie out of the kitchen,"Yeah, well bummer but we have to get these into the oven. Thank you so much for coming by, see you tomorrow!" I said,"Bye!" she responded,"Evil dreams!" I called after her, then she left. I turned around and clapped my hands together,"Okay, boys cookie sheets, Evie open the oven, and Mal get the batter" they all did what I told them to do and I watched, I went up behind Carlos and kissed his cheek, he turned around and I seen that his cheeks were super red,"Thank you" I said, smiling,"For what?" he asked,"For not letting me fall and for always being there for me" I said, hugging him,"I will always be here for you" he said, hugging me back, I looked up at him and smiled then I kissed his cheek again and walked away.