Chapter 13:The Cookie part 2

Evie was talking to Doug by the doors, Jay was talking to the group of girls, Mal was giving Ben the cookie, and I was sitting at a table with Carlos and we were just talking,"Do you think the spell will work?" Carlos asked,"Are you saying that maybe I did it wrong?" I say, a little hurt,"No, no I... I just, never mind" his cheeks turned red, I laughed,"It's ok Carlos, I was just...kidding" he looked at me and smiled,"Oh, I want to uh ummm ask you something" he said, blushing,"Can that wait really quick because Ben just bit into the cookie" he looked disappointed,"Yeah ,yeah sure. Let's go" he put his hand in mine and pulled me up and we walked slowly towards Mal and Ben. When we felt like we were close enough, we stopped right by Evie and behind Mal,"Mal have you always had this little golden flakes in your eyes?" I heard Ben say and then he was about to take another bite of the cookie,"Mal!" I whisper shouted and she quickly took the cookie out of his hand, Jay came up behind Ben,"How you feeling, bro?" Jay asked,"I feel, I feel, I feel like..like singing your name!" Ben said, well more like he shouted,"Maaaaaal!" Ben sang, I brought my palm up to my forehead and hit myself,"I think your spell worked a little too well" Carlos whispered into my ear and I looked at him and smiled,"Then that means it should last longer"