(Teddy Bear) X Engineer

Engineer stared hard at all his plans. How could he tell (y/n) he loved her? He had gone through so much schooling.... 11 PHD's and he couldn't think of one way to tell her. Romantic dinner? Nah. Moonlit walk? Noooo. Straight out telling her? Nope. What to do...!?
Spy walked into Engie's workshop, twiddling with his wrist.
"Engineer, if 'ou have zhe time, my watch iz acting up again and eet would be nice if 'ou could fix et." Engineer crumpled up his list of ways to confess his love and turned around in his swirly chair.
"Sure thing, spah. I jus' ain't myself today, so if it ain't too much trouble, it'd be mighty nice if you left it here so ah can fix it later." Spy cocked his eyebrow and removed the watch.
"If zhat is what 'ou want, zhen eet is ok. Just have it ready by tomorrow's battle." Engineer sighed and took the watch, setting it to the side on his work table.
"But, while I am 'ere, if 'ou don't mind me asking, what is bozhering 'ou at zhe moment?" Spy asked, quirking his eyebrow. Engineer stopped with what he was doing. Realizing there was no hiding anything from the French man, who was in fact a Spy and could eventually figure it out himself, he sighed.
"It's..... It's (y/n)."
Spy gave a bark of laughter.
"Oui, what about 'er? She is pretty, non? Zhere es no shame in falling for someone like 'er, but 'ou mustn't keep 'our feelings to 'ourself for too long, for someone else ees going to make a romantic advance soon." Engineers eyes widened.
"Who?" He said.
"....hmmm, eef I told 'ou, zhen eet would be no fun for me!" And with a laugh, he left the room.
"Dammit!" Engineer said, clenching his fist.
~POV Change~
You sat at your desk, twirling in your swirly chair. You wanted to draw something, but as soon as you got a pencil, paper, and comfiness, your mind grew blank.
You scribbled down a drawing of you and Engie in the latest battle, you knocking the brains out of a Spy trying to sap a dispenser while Engie was hitting his level 2 sentry with his wrench. Ah, good times.
The gentle creaking of a door opening broke you from your thoughts and you looked over to see Scout in the doorway.
"Yo (y/n), whatsup?" He asked.
"Just drawing me knocking some Spy's brains out. Whaddya need?" You said.
"I jus' came up here tah tell yah it's time for dinnah." He said. You set down your items and walked along beside him down to the dining area. The room consisted of Heavy and Medic, each of them wearing napkins and had forks in hand ready to chow down. You could hear Soldier in the distance yelling at all the 'maggots' to get their butts to the dinner table. You sat down at the table next to Medic, and Scout sat next to Heavy.
You started making small talk with Medic, talking about daily annoyances and stuff like that. Soon, the table filled up with 6 more men waiting for dinner.
Engineer walked in with a platter of food and set it in the middle of the table, in which all the mercenaries immediately dug into.
Engie noticed you sitting next to Medic and laughing and chatting with him, and sat next to you with a loud thump to distract you.
"And then the enemy Spy- oh, hi Engie. And then the..." Engineer frowned.  He wanted you to talk to him, and no one else. What if they took you away!? He knew he was being paranoid, but he needed to figure out just who was going to make the romantic advance so he could stop them and buy himself more time.
You and Medic kept taking, oblivious to the fuming Engie next to you.
"And that's why armadillos shouldn't eat cheese!" You finished, laughing your butt off. Medic was laughing too, almost choking on his food. He placed his hand on your shoulder, and you leaned your head on it, tired from laughing, your sides burning. Noticing this, Engineer growled and abruptly left the table, throwing his dishes forcefully in the sink and storming off grumbling something.
"...What's his deal?" Scout asked, leaning back in his chair, picking his teeth with a tooth pick.
"...hmm, I'm not sure. I'll see you later Medic, I still need to show you the heart I got from the enemy Spy!" And with that you got up, clearing your dish and setting it in the sink. Walking out of the room, you went to your bedroom for the night. In the hallway, you passed Engineer, who was walking the opposite direction of you.
"Oh, hi Engi- Engie? You alright?" You noticed his face was flushed and he looked like he was trying to walk passed you as fast as he could without looking frantic, but he was failing at it. His hat slid down, covering his face more than usual.
"What's wrong?" You asked. Just when he was about to walk past you, you reached your arm out and you grabbed his shoulder.
"Engie, I'm trying to talk to you! What's wrong, and why did you leave the ta-"
"Stay away from Medic, (y/n). The doc's a madman, no good for someone as beautiful as you." Before you could say anything he shrugged your arm off his shoulder, and walked away a flustered mess. You blushed, looking back at him. B-beautiful? He thinks I'm.... Beautiful?
You looked once more back where he went and quickly went towards your room a blushing mess, not wanting anyone to see you like that. Closing the door, you noticed something different. A small brown teddy bear with a round yellow hard hat, goggles, and little blue overalls with a red shirt was sitting on your bed with a note attached and a (f/c) flower. You blinked and walked over to it, picking the plush bear up and turning it in your hands. Curiosity got the better of you as you grabbed the card attached and started reading it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Dear (y/n),
I am sincerely sorry for not havin' the guts to tell yah this in person...
I wanted to say that I really like you, and, well shucks... I was wondering if you'd go steady with me. Y'all don't have to respond right away, you can take yerr time. But if you don't return these feelings, then it's best yah just don't respond at all and just disregard this here letter.
Sincerely, Engineer
Ps: if you want, you can jus' call me Dell."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your eyes teared up reading this. Hugging the teddy bear, it smelled just like Engineer, and was plushier than anything you've ever held. You inhaled the scent deeply and snuggled it until you fell asleep, smiling.
~The Next Morning~
You woke up and yawned. Standing, you stretched, and scratched your side. Noticing the teddy bear on the side of the bed, you remembered Eng- ahem, Dell, and quickly got dressed. Rushing downstairs, you noticed Dell was the only one up, flipping pancakes. Smirking, you snuck right up behind him and wrapped your arms around his waist, startling him.
"Morning, Dell." You said. He playfully growled and looked over his shoulder at you.
"G'morning, sunshine."