A New Love 5

By 11:15 Narvel and Reba were in a taxi with over a dozen restaurant brochures. "Oo this one sounds fun!" Reba said cheerfully. "What is it?" Narvel asked peering over her shoulder. "It's a little café in a village about...lets see... 112 miles away" she said "hmm don't you think that's a little far to travel in a taxi cab?" He asked. "Your right, we should go rent one of those tiny cars!" She said with excitement.The trip was ALL expense payed they each had a little card that they could use anywhere, it did have a limit mind you. "Driver, can you take us to Luigi's car rentals?" Reba asked in her sweet accent. He nodded and smiled. Narvel put his large hand softly over Reba's delicate one, Reba stared at their hands then looked into his eyes smiling, they shared a light kiss and spent the rest of the cab ride in silence.

At Luigi's their only choice was a small motor bike, "Hehe.. Ya sure ya don't have anything else?" Reba asked hopefully. "No ma'am this is it, our last car was just taken out an hour ago" the tall salesman replied. "We'll take it!" Narvel said enthusiastically. "No we will not!" Reba scolded. "Oh come on, I had a bike like this when I was in collage! Trust me you'll have a ton of fun!" Narvel pleaded. "Fiinne!" Reba reluctantly caved "But it BETTER be fun!!!" You won't regret it!" Narvel said excitedly.

Six hours later they'd just left the little foreign town when it started pouring rain, "I REGRET IT!!" Reba yelled in Narvel's ear as he turned around back to the small town. They searched the flooding streets for a hotel, already soaked to the bone. "Right there!" Reba pointed to 'The Sleepy Rainbow Inn'.

Once they got inside, dripping wet, they rang the bell for service. A plump gray haired man came to the desk, "May I help you?" He asked tiredly. "Yes we need 2 rooms please" Reba said promptly. "Ah I'm sorry miss we only have one room left. It has a king sized bed?" He said. "We'll take it" Narvel said. "Ah ah ah, Mister!" Reba pointed a finger at him. He put his hands in the air like she was waving a gun around at him. She reluctantly cracked a smile and rolled her eyes. "Fine we'll take it!" She said through her teeth pulling her card out if her drenched purse.

The man took them to the cozy little room, Reba quickly scanned the room for a couch or something... nothing just a coffee table and two wooden chairs! Once the host left she went directly to the bathroom, there was only a walk-in shower, toilet and one leg sink, "This is just great!" She says under her breath. Narvel walks into the bathroom and puts his hands on her shoulders, "What's wrong?" He asks in a pouty face. "Nothing... you realize we don't have any clothes right?" She says. "Who said anything about wearing clothes???" Reba's eyes got wide. "I'm just kidding!!!" He quickly says before she gets anger. "Why don't you take a shower and by the time your out i'll have something ready ok?" He said reassuringly. "Okay but no funny business!" She stared him down. He backed away and said "You got it Red!" She just laughed and shooed him out.