A New Love 15

Reba woke the next morning to soft sunlight illuminating the small rustic cabin. Too tired to notice anything about her new residence last night she took a good look around, she could see everything from where she lay on the bed. The living area with a couch, coffee table and tv was directly in front of her a wood stove to the right of it in between it and the small kitchen, the door was just in front and to the left of her position, and the bathroom door was just a few feet from the bed on her right. Reba took her time dressing and finding a snack which consisted of an apple, some crackers and a cold glass of water.

Reba grabbed her coat and found her way to Narvel's cabin, she knocked at his door and she heard "Come on in!" From the inside so she let herself in. His cabin was identical to hers except the bedding was dark mossy green instead of deep blue. He was in the bathroom at the sink with his back to her, "Mind if I see what's in your cabinets?" She asked, making her way to the kitchen. "Sure, go ahead" She rummaged through the provisions to find he had the same things, fruit, crackers, bread, cereal, and other miscellaneous. "Anything good in there?" Narvel asked as he came out of the bathroom. She turned around to answer, "Naw AHH!" She put her hand to her chest as she screamed, "what the heck did you do to yourself?!?!" He rubbed his face where once there was a rugged beard, "Well... I shaved" he coughed. She squinted, "What? Does it look bad?" He asked worried, "uh.. Well not really I just.. Umm didn't expect it." She laughed a little. He put his face in his hand, "Craaap" Reba made her way to him and kissed his cheek, "It's okay" she kissed him again, on the mouth this time letting it linger, "But I wouldn't have suggested it" she said playfully when there lips parted. "Ha ah ha" he laughed sarcastically.

After debating on what to do that day Narvel won so they were going fishing. It was 11:30 by the time they had decided to go so they went ahead and made sandwiches to eat on the way. Piled with their gear in a ATV they set out on a narrow trail to a pond on the property.

Once they had arrived the ground had somewhat dried from the rain the night before. They laid down a blanket above the bank and sat by each other lightly holding their casted reels while holding each other. Their silence was welcome and comforting they next few hours. Narvel felt he had the world in his arms and Reba felt a sincere kind of security, one she hadn't felt in years.

In this moment, as the sun started sinking behind the pond and beautiful reflections played across the water and upon their eyes, Reba wanted to tell him how she felt... The peace she felt around him... The love she felt for and from him... As she began to speak the rod and reel was suddenly jerked out of her hands, they jumped up Narvel grabbed the rod just in time bringing in the large fish. Reba tried to hide the disappointment in the timing of her catch. She just kept her eyes on Narvel hoping they could speak some of what she was thinking. They must've said something because after Narvel released the fish he couldn't take his eyes off her, some unspoken language of lovers seemed to say everything. They kissed till the darkness engulfed them and the night chill forced them back to the cabins.

The ATV was parked in the shed so they didn't need to unload anything. Reba and Narvel walked hand in hand in the moonlight towards the cabins. "Tomorrow I pick!" Reba said, with a laugh, as she kissed Narvel goodnight. "Ok" was all he said as he kissed her again this time they both let it linger and grow, when their lips parted he said "I love you, Reba" looking into her eyes, letting the truth of the matter sink in. Reba looked at the ground and took a deep breath, she looked back him and kissed him back, "I love you... Narv" she smiled when their lips parted for the night.

Narvel walked 'home' that night as thoughts of Reba swam in his brain, he scratched the back of his head debating if this feeling was true... He was sure of it, he'd never felt this way, not another woman on earth had ever made him want her so bad with just the corner of her smile. Once inside and out of the chill of the night he continued his thoughts. 'Is it wrong to want her, so bad it hurts, or to love her now and never see her again... kindle both their desires, but then leave each other standing in the rain?' These things all kept him from letting his hunger take over, the last thing he wanted was to break her heart.