A New Love 18

Reba's heart sunk as she prepared to leave Narvel in the airport parking lot. She let a sad smile spread across her face and gave it all she had to keep a tear from falling. Narvel reached for her hand. Reba let him take it in his. He kissed the top of her right hand while looking into her eyes, "See you when I see you" was all he said. She wiped away a tear that had escaped and kissed him on the cheek.
Narvel grabbed most of her luggage for her. They walked in silence until they made it to the door. Reba spun around to face him on her tip-toes and planted a passionate kiss on his lips. Once their lips parted she quickly grabbed all her things and rushed inside, afraid to let the feelings grow anymore, she let the doors close behind her.
Narvel stood staring at the tinted door. He scratched his head, leaving his hand on the back of his neck as he turned around, heading back to the little ole pickup. He sat in that truck till her plan took off and watched it take off into the sunset.
Reba tried to forget her recent goodbye and focus on the joy of her brand new grandchild but she still wrestled with those emotions. She put in her earbuds and listened to some of her favorite tunes- trying to drowned everything else.
----------------------------
Reba's flight landed in Houston at "2 the next morning", according to her system- when in actuality it was 7 pm. As soon as she had her luggage all together she called Brock, he said he'd be close by to pick her up as soon as she landed. Within 10 minutes he pulled up, hopped out of that car and loaded her things. "Thanks" she have him a small smile and a nod as she settled into the car. "No problem" he had a mile wide grin. She couldn't help but smile back just as big, remembering the beauty of the occasion. Reba leaned back in the seat and closed her eyes- her jet lag was catching up! "Sooo? How was your trip?!" Brock broke the silence. Reba smiled, "He was amazing..." Brock looked puzzled "He?" Reba opened her eyes "Uhh... I mean it, the trip, it was really great" Brock chuckled, "okay, glad you had a good time" She closed her eyes again and let a smile rest on her lips, "I sure did" The silence took over the vehicle once again.
"We're here" Brock said as he softly squeezed Reba's arm. She came out of the drowsy fog she'd fallen into. They hurried inside, Reba following close at Brock's heels. Once they made it to re correct floor Brock led her to the right door. She knocked softly, BJ opened the door wide. She enveloped Reba in a bone crushing, "I-I missed you so much" Reba hesitantly patted the big blondes back, "I missed you too" she quickly said just above a whisper. "Excuse me, I have to go write in my Reba journal". Barbara Jean said as she quickly made her way to her large purse, pulling out a fairly thick book. Reba chuckled, "Now where is this beautiful grandson of mine?!" She peered around the corner to see Cheyenne cradling a small bundle with Van snoring by her side. "Mom, meet your grandson, Aaron James Montgomery" she smiled wide. Reba was by the bedside in no-time, Cheyenne handed her son to his grandma. "Oh, Cheyenne, he's precious!" Reba held the sleeping baby close to her. "Isn't he!" Cheyenne gushed. Reba giggled, "So there were no complications? I mean, he was a little early." She swung the child in her arms gently. "Aw, no ma. Everything was fine, the doctor said he wasn't even that early" Reba starred at little Aaron for several minutes. "Mom, aren't you gonna song him one of those famous lullabies of yours?" Reba slightly rolled her eyes but started humming a tune.
"You're gonna fly with every dream you chase
You're gonna cry, but know that that's okay
Sometimes life's not fair, but if you hang in there
You're gonna see that sometimes bad is good
We just have to believe things work out like they should
Life has no guarantees, but always loved by me
You're gonna be..."
"That was so beautiful, Ma" Cheyenne said when she'd finished. "Thanks hon" Reba smiled as she kissed the Aaron's face giving him back to his mother.
After several minutes of chatting between mother and daughter Reba couldn't hold back an enormous yawn any longer. "Oh mom I'm sorry you should really get home and get some rest!" Reba wiped her eyes, "Yeah, this jet lag sure does get me feelin' beat" she laughed. "I'll see y'all tomorrow?" "Sure thing mom" Cheyenne smiled and kissed her moms cheek as she leaned down for a hug. "You two goofy blondes gonna drive me home?" She questioned, both Brock & BJ.
When the finally pulled into Reba's drive it was well past midnight, Brock & BJ assisted Reba in hauling her luggage inside. "Where are the kiddos?" Reba asked after everything was inside and her motherly instincts were kicking back into full throttle. "Oh they're all at our place with Kyra" BJ promptly answered. Reba nodded, "Well, Goodnight" she waved them back outside before BJ could wrap her in a detaining hug.
Once up stairs Reba took a lazy shower, changed into her PJs and flopped in bed falling quickly to sleep.