A New Love 13

Reba turned the radio back up as she drove down the two-lane. Her mind drifted form the music, which it rarely did. Her thoughts turned to Narvel and this morning, she smiled remembering the knee weakening kiss, and how her brain went a little fuzzy, like it used to with Brock. That was the funny thing though, Brock never crossed her mind when she was with Narvel, Narvel seemed to shatter his memory. It was a good feeling, a bad thing being erased and all but forgotten for a few sweet moments.

After 3 1/2 hours of driving and one gas stop Reba pulled over, turned the radio down and woke Narvel up, "Narvel?" He yawned and rubbed his eyes. "Hey, what's wrong" he said tiredly. "It's getting late" she said pointing out the window to the setting sun. He rubbed his eyes again, "Where are we, we should be there by now!" He said confused. "I know! You said to keep going straight till the exit, I haven't seen it yet." She replied shrugging. "Well that's odd" he said scratching his beard and digging around for a map. Reba scooted to the middle of the bench seat and peeked at the map, "Craaap!" She said looking at the ceiling and jolting her head backwards. "What, what's wrong!" Narvel asked a little worried. "It's in kilometers not miles" She said dryly. Narvel just started laughing, "It's not funny!" She said playfully slapping his shoulder. "Okay okay, you want me to drive?" He asked politely. "Nah I got it" she said sliding back to the drivers seat obviously annoyed, truthfully she didn't know why she was letting it get to her but it was and for some reason she couldn't help it.

With the new calculations they'd be on the road for approximately 3 more hours. Reba tapped the steering wheel in the fading light. After 30 minutes speeding down the lonely road Reba let down on the accelerator some more increasing their speed even more. "Reba, you ok?" Narvel asked worried. "Ya I'm fine" she said gassing it a bit more. "Are you sure?" He said trying to read her, she mumbled something he couldn't make out, "what?" He asked bending his ear. "I'VE GOT TO PEE!" She said loudly, she quickly regretted it, rather embarrassed. "Oh" was all he said. "It's another 10 miles to the next gas station" she informed him. Then out of nowhere a police came over the hill, Reba knew she was going at least 10 over the speed limit. Sure enough his lights lit up and she let off the accelerator and eased on the brakes brining it to a full stop on the side of the road. There were 2 officers they both made their way to the pickup as Reba gripped the steering wheel uncomfortably, she had't gotten pulled over since back when she 'borrowed' Rhonda. "Hi" she said sweetly as one of the officers approached her door. "Can i see your license please?" she began digging around in her purse, "Did you know you were speeding?" He asked shining a light at her. She squinted her eyes and replied "As a matter of fact I did, I-" he quickly cut her off "Where's that license and I'll need a passport too". He spoke to the other officer in a different language, after sometime he came up beside. "Still no license?" "Sorry sir but I can't find it" She said. Narvel was on his side laughing, "Uh! this is NOT funny, Narvel!" She said in an exclaimed whisper. "Yeah, it is honey" he said, She rolled her eyes. "Ma'am can you move over please" the officer said as he opened the door and slid in. "Ahhhh sure" she said uneasily, "Where are we going?" Her eyes got wide and Narvel stopped laughing. "We have a zero tolerance of foreigners without passports out here." He said putting the truck in gear, "Craaaap!" Was all she could say.

After another 5 miles she started getting fidgety, she obviously still had to pee. The officer sitting next to her winked unexpectedly then put his hand on her knee, she was mortified, she swiftly sat right on top of Narvel and kissed him, he willingly returned the favor and they didn't break their passionate lip-lock till they pulled into the police station. We can assume the officer got the message quite clearly. Narvel opened his door and kept her in his arms as the officer led them inside, she whispered and "Thank you" in his ear as he let her down at the door. The officer put them in a cell together that consisted of a bunk-bed, sink and toilet. "Hey hey wait a minute I've got to use the restroom!" Reba yelled as he walked away, he turned around and gestured to the toilet at the back of the cell. "Oh no no no way!" She said sitting on the lower bunk and crossing her legs. "You're gonna have to go sooner of later" Narvel said standing over her. "Yeah, better earlier than later right?" She got up, she turned around and gestured for him to turn around. "Oh right" he said spinning around and looking out the window. After their very awkward moment they leaned against their cell bars. "I know where it is!" Reba exclaimed all of a sudden, "it's in my backpack underneath the seat!" Narvel waved down an officer and explained the situation. "If you could just let us get that bag it has her license and passport in it" he said.