A New Love 7

Reba awoke the next morning to find she was all alone, "Narvel?" She called out as she got out of bed, no answer, he probably went to find something to eat. Reba put on the turquoise tanktop and then the blouse over it, the jeans were dark wash and looked great with the shirt. All the makeup she had in her purse was a little mascara, she applied it and checked herself. "Gosh, am I hungry!" She exclaimed, as there was a knock at the door, she quickly opened it revealing Narvel with two plates stacked with food! "Thank GOD!!! I'm starving!" She reached for a plate. Narvel held up a hand, "Ah, ah, these aren't free ya know?" He said. She stared him down. "One plate, one kiss!" He said. She gave him a quick peck and grabbed the food before he could blink! "Hey!" He yelled after her, as she began eating the peanut butter and syrup covered pancakes, "those were mine!" She smiled innocently and continued eating them.

When they were both done eating they went downstairs and checked out, "did the room work out, I hope?" The manager asked with a wink, as Narvel returned the key. Reba didn't approve of his attitude toward the situation, "It was just fine" she said crossing her arms and getting a little uncomfortable. Narvel put his hands on her shoulders and gave the man a look that would send a grizzly back into hibernation! Lets just say he got the message!

"Thanks" Reba said as they mounted the motor bike. "For what?" Narvel asked. "For backing me up in there" she elaborated. "That? He was being an ass!" He replied. "There's just a lot of guys who would have takin' it a different route." She said putting on her helmet. "What do you say we head back to the city?" Narvel asked. "That's fine" Reba replied with a yawn.

They took the bike back to Luigi's and Reba called a cab. On the way to the hotel Reba fell asleep on Narvel's shoulder, as they pulled up beside the mansion like hotel he nudged her softly saying, "we're here, wake up". As she woke up rubbing the sleep from eyes she mentally slapped herself for drifting off, "sorry" she said smiling sheepishly. Narvel took her hand, "it's fine" he said reassuringly, he led her inside and to the elevator. When they got in the elevator Reba gently leaned on him, Narvel wrapped his arm around her waist and lightly kissed the top of her head. Reba felt so secure in his arms, she hadn't felt that way in a long time. A genuine love deeper than friendship began growing between them.

"Hey sugar!" Reba heard her flirtatious wanna-be-lover. "WHAT THE HECK ARE TOU DOIN' HERE?!" She yelled as they stepped out of the elevator. The middle aged man, Jerry, worked in the same building as Reba and had flirted with her from day one, she hated it and had clearly told him to back off several times. "Who's the hunk?" He said casually as if Narvel wasn't standing right there. "Jerry, this is Narvel" she spun around and planted a deep passionate kiss on his lips...which wasn't all that fake, Narvel returned it without question. Without another word or looking back at Jerry, Narvel picked Reba up and carried her to her door, she quickly unlocked it from his arms. They rushed in and she started laughing, "THANK YOU!!!" She said and kissed him again.

"So who was that?" Narvel asked still confused. "Jerry" she said rolling her eyes, "He works in my office building and he think he's got me in the palm of his hand" she was obviously annoyed by his persistence. "Can't blame him" he said brushing a few strands of hair out of her face. Reba blushed a little, "hehe, you hungry!?" She said getting up, she instantly regretted it as she saw the smile drop from his face. "Where do you wanna go?" He asked also standing now. "Umm there was a café about a block away, we could walk?" She said questioningly. "Sounds good" he said smiling and grabbed her hand and they walked downstairs hand in hand.