A New Love 9

When Reba got back up to her room she started going through her dresses again, Narvel had told her it would be some place nice! After staring at all three for quite sometime she decided on the blue spaghetti strap one, the strapless was rather formal and she'd already worn the red one plus the blue one went with her makeup which she had done downstairs. She straightened her hair and put on some loop earrings and two light bracelets on her right wrist. She slipped into some white open toe heels as there was a knock at the door. "Come in it's unlocked!" She yelled from the bathroom as she was checking herself for the last time. "Hey, you ready?" Narvel asked as he peeked in the bathroom. "Yeah hang on" she said as she stepped out, she covered her mouth when she saw he had a large bouquet of flowers! "Oh Narvel! How sweet thank you darlin'" she said as he held them out to her, she gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I think there's a vase in here, I'll go put them in water" she smiled, and walked back into the bathroom. There was a vase with several fake flowers in it on the back of the toilet she dumped them in the trash and replaced them with the vibrant pinks, yellows, and white wild flowers. She walked back out and wrapped her arms around his neck, "Don't you look handsome!" She said as she gave him a long, soft kiss. "Pretty gorgeous your self" Narvel replied as their lips parted. "Well thank you!" She said as she intwined their fingers and head for the door.

"So where to?" Reba asked as they stepped out of the elevator. "You'll see" he smiled mischievously. "It just better be good" she said poking him in the side. They called a cab and were in front of a authentic, gourmet, Mexican Restaurant. "How'd you know!!!" Reba said as they hopped out, Mexican was one of her favorites! "Well you kinda spilled the beans on the plane" he admitted. "Well thanks" she smiled as they walked in.

They got a quite little booth in the corner, and ordered their meals. Narvel put his elbows on the table, looked Reba in the eyes, and smiled, "So I know your from Oklahoma but what was life like?" He asked inquiringly. "Well, daddy had a little ranch, I say little it had 2500 or more steers at one time. I was a ranch hand along with my older brother, J.T J.R," she looked down at her hands and sniffled, "I'm sorry it's hard to talk about Jase" she took a deep breath, he gave her a moment too regain her composure. "Anyway, we weren't rich or nothing, wouldn't be here if it weren't for mountain oysters!" She laughed, Narvel looked confused. "Never mind" she said laughing. "Momma taught school and helped with the ranch too, boy she's a tough ole gal, got my hair from her!" Reba said proudly. She paused for bit not knowing what he wanted to know, "What about your first boyfriend?" Narvel asked breaking the silence. "Well I only had 2 before Brock, Tommy Johnson and Terry Holliway. Tommy was the first though, high school, he dumped me graduation night cause I wouldn't take a cruise down to the river" she rolled her eyes. "Terry was a college buddy, are relationship just wasn't growing then I fell for Brock, THEN I found out he was preparing to propose!" She used her hands at the end making an explosion with them. Narvel chuckled, a young Hispanic man carried their food out, it look delicious! "Thanks darlin'" Reba said as he placed the steamy plate in front of her. "No problem, just tell if you need anything else" he smiled and Narvel said "Thank you" with a smile.

When they finished their meal they called a cab again. "That was great, but I'm stuffed" Reba said as she held her gut. "Glad you liked it, and apologies to your stomach" he said with a smile.

Back at the hotel they had a couple drinks from the bar and said goodnight.