A New Love 17

There's no music, no confetti, crowds don't cheer and bands don't ring.... But you'll know it, when you feel it. What they're thinking, what your feeling... You no longer have to guess, all those questions finally put to rest. You think you know what you're looking for till what you're looking for finds you. In a cold world it's a warm place where you know that you're supposed to be, a million moments full of sweet relief. Oh I promise honey you'll find out, all that changes is only everything, when... The right one... Comes along...

Skin on skin is what Reba woke to, an old familiar feeling yet all together new. As the sun peaked through the curtain lace she slowly got up and slipped on her light blue robe, which hung at the edge of the bed. As her body left his side Narvel was reawakened, he reached for her arm, she turned around smiling "Morinin' " she said sitting back down. He sat up pushing some hair out of her face and kissed her sweet red lips. She smiled against his lips, she was no longer scared of her feelings... which slightly scared her. "Reba... Words can no longer express the way I feel" he looked deep within her eyes, "This feeling is more than I've ever felt before. I don't know how else to say it but you take me somewhere I've never been, and I don't want it to end" "Let's not let it end then." She scooted closer to him, wrapping her arms around his neck. Narvel's hands found their way to Reba's recently tied robe, it was soon falling from her now bare, freckled, shoulder. The passion grew as it did the night before, with no one to stop it and two hearts feeding the flames, it grew to a wildfire.

When the fire died out, as if it could, they both climbed out of the large bed, Reba slipping on her robe. Narvel asked if he could take a shower here, she didn't hesitate to say yes, blushing when she did. Reba made breakfast... or lunch... honestly they didn't have clue what time it was, while Narvel took a shower.

When the pancakes, bacon and eggs were done Narvel wasn't yet out, the water was still running and Reba still wanted to get a shower in. She softly knocked on the bathroom door as the water was turned off. Narvel opened the door letting out a warm steamy mist. "Foods in the kitchen" she said passing him to enter the small room, he placed his hand on her arm, gently, "I fixed you a bath, there's bubbles under the sink... Didn't know if you liked them" he smiled against her forehead. "That's sweet, thank you" she said kissing the corner of his mouth.

As Reba sank into the hot water now covered in clean white bubbles she heard the front door open, she didn't think anything of it and continued soaking. Several minutes later she could hear a guitar being tuned and Narvel humming to it. Brock had never sung... Well once when he was drunk and made a complete fool of himself... and her. But never mind the past, the solo guitar was mesmerizing and she closed her eyes as the tune slowly came to life. She recognized the song and sang softly,

"How can I believe
That my heart would find someone like you
You see me, the real me
No in bewteens, I had nowhere to hide
You took away the walls around me
Made me feel safe to share my truth"

She paused as the guitar continued, Narvel started humming the chorus so she joined in,

"I see the heavens open, a heart that once was broken
Is holding nothing back
Now that I found you
You hold me like a prayer... you touch me everywhere
A lifetime just ain't enough to love you true
Now that I found you
Now that I found you"

They both sang the chorus many times over, and when it ended all was silent. Reba made circles on the flat surface of the water while Narvel stared at the door separating the two lovers. No doubt smiles plastered both of their faces. Now that all the bubbles had disappeared, Reba decided she had pruned long enough, she reached out for a towel, shivering at the cool air. She dressed in the very outfit Narvel had picked out for her over 2 weeks ago and applied her makeup very conservatively. She stepped out with her naturally curly hair pinned up. Reba lifted Narvel's jaw back up, seeing as it had dropped to the floor, she giggled as she kissed the top of his head, "Wow.." Was all he could say.

An hour later (at 12:45) found them engrossed in a game of pool with another couple, winning by 2 solids in the hole. Narvel held Reba close as the other team took their turn, kissing her neck as she leaned her head to the side allowing him to continue, butterflies and fireworks wouldn't subside. They ordered a meal there after the game was won. "So, where'd you get the guitar?" Reba asked knowing he hadn't brought one. "Joe, the waiter, had one and he let me borrow it" He replied, taking a bite of his sandwich. "Ah, well you're pretty darn good" she said smiling as she too continued eating. "Thanks... But it was nothing compared to that voice! That's a true gift." He said matter-of-factly. Reba blushed a little it'd been forever since anyone had commented on her singing, she took a sip of water and said, "thanks" with a smile. After a few minutes of silence Narvel spoke, "You know, it is my day to pick wha-" he was cut off by Reba's phone ringing, she held up her finger as she checked the caller ID and answered, "Hello, Cheyenne?" Reba's smile dropped when she heard Van's frantic voice. "Van just calm down, I can't understand a word you're sayin'!" Reba stared straight through Narvel as she held the cell phone to her ear. "O-ok umm I'll be there as soon as I can!" She said hanging up and nearly running back to her cabin. Narvel finally caught up as she stormed through the cabin packing, "Reba! What the heck is going on!?" He asked a little worried. "Cheyenne is having her baby!!!!" Reba nearly screamed in excitement as she stuffed her belongings in her suitcase, the widest, proudest smile plastered her face and tears threatened to flow from her blue eyes.

"Oh my gosh! I'm gonna be a grandma again!" Reba exclaimed as she slammed the door of the truck. Narvel was going to drive her to the airport so she could hopefully see her little grand baby soon. Reba's joy overflowed onto Narvel and he too couldn't help but feel excited for her, going against his better judgment he accelerated the truck again, knowing Reba needed to get back to Texas ASAP!

Reba made calls on the way to the airport about flights and by the time they were nearing the city she had a guarantee spot on a last minute flight heading to Houston in about 4 hours. "I'm really happy for you" Narvel said smiling over at her as they entered the city. "Me too" Reba said unashamed, "this is crazy though, she wasn't due for another month at least." Reba's smile faded a little but could never be lost. "I wouldn't worry" he said, "My second daughter was born a little early, she turned out just fine." He rubbed her back comfortingly. "Thanks" she smiled back at him. "For what?" He chuckled a little. "I don't know. Being there... Being you." In the airport parking lot they stared at each other in silence... I had just occurred to them both... Though they didn't want to admit it..., that this may be goodbye...