A New Love 10

I woke up with a slight headache and immediately regretted the last two... Or was it three margaritas? 'I need coffee' I said in my head as I stumbled out of bed and to the mini kitchenette to start a pot. I dressed as the coffee brewed. I still didn't remember telling Narvel that I loved Mexican, "hmm... It sure was good though!" I just pulled my hair up in a pony tail and put on some jeans and a t-shirt, boots and some light makeup. Boy did they have amazing coffee, this was my first cup, so far I'd just drank tea.

Downstairs there was a large table filled with breakfast items. I made a plate and found a little table to eat at. As I finished my last piece of grapefruit Narvel came and sat by me. "Good morning" he said as he took a drink of coffee. "Mornin'" I smiled. "So I was looking at some brochures and I found this place you might want to stay at." He said rather enthusiastically. "Really where is it?" (See the first week they had you stay at a certain hotel, the rest of the three weeks you find somewhere to stay yourself, they list suggestions and pay for it though.) "It's just south of here about 200 miles" he said taking a bite of his pancakes, he handed the brochure to me. It was a 150 acre lodge and farm with fishing, hiking, swimming and riding, sounded nice. "Sounds fun is it within the companies budget?" I asked getting excited. "Yep! We even get discounts, I called and they have 2 small cabins available." He said taking another drink of coffee. "Well lets reserve it and rent a CAR!" I winked at him.

After breakfast Narvel reserved our cabins and a car, I kept giving him a hard time about that one! When he was done we walked out to the garden where we'd sat and talked that first night. We wandered around until we came upon a small gazebo, we stood in the middle of it and I nestled my head in his chest taking in his scent. "You know it's been way to long since I kissed you..." I whispered as I raised my head and joined our lips in a deep, lingering kiss. "Mmhm glad we fixed that" he said as our lips slowly parted.

We spent the rest of the morning watching a play, I didn't understand half the things they said, I never was very good with foreign languages, even though they had a booklet in English. After that we ate at a deli then took a carriage ride through the more primitive side of the city, it was gorgeous, everything was so old. We then went to watch a race, it was very loud and reminded me of the rodeos.

He said he wanted to surprise me with dinner so we called a cab and took a drive through the country side. On a hill over looking the city there was a small restaurant, he had the driver park in front of the dimly lit building. "This is what I did while you were at the spa" he said getting out of the car, he came to my side opened the door and took my hand. He led me inside and right back out to a patio overlooking the city lights. There was no one else here. We sat at a small round table adorned with a red and white checkered tablecloth, a bottle of wine and candles. "Aww this is so nice!" I said as he poured a glass of the red wine for me. "I just wanted to make it special" a crooked smile played his lips and the lights of the city below reflected in his eyes. Two heaping plates of spaghetti were brought out to our table. Music began playing as our near empty plates were carried away. Narvel went red as he began singing, I couldn't wipe the goofy grin off my face, he had no idea how music spoke to me. He sang:

"Right now I feel - just like a leaf on a breeze
Who knows where it's blowin'
Who knows where it's goin'
I find myself somewhere I - I never thought I'd be
Going round in circles
Thinking about you and me
How do I expalin it when I don't know what to say
What do I do now - it's all so new

Nothing I have ever known - has made me feel this way
Nothing I have ever seen - has made me want to stay
but here I am - ready for you
I'm turnin', I'm fallin' - I hear my home callin'
Hey - I've never felt somethin's so strong - oh no
I'ts like nothing I've ever known

Now you're the one I'm looking for
You're the one I need
You're the one that gives me - a reason to believe
Following a star - has lead to where you are
It feels so stong now - this can't be wrong now"

Somehow a tear reluctantly escaped my eye, and my ears began burning, "This has all been so nice but.." he stopped me by softly uniting our lips. "I-I'm not ready for this!" Breaking our joined mouths, I turned around quickly and ran to the cab.

The driver saw Narvel run out after me, I jumped in the front passenger seat. I just stared out the window as Narvel asked the driver to take us back to the hotel. I wanted to tell him so bad why I ran out and I considered doing so the entire ride. Truly I was scared of being hurt again, but the only words that were spoken that night were from Narvel all he said was "I'm sorry" after what seemed hours of silence, in front of the hotel.