A New Love 8

After lunch, a walk through the city streets and a light supper, Narvel walked Reba back to her room, "See you tomorrow?" Narvel asked. "Only if you're gonna be in the spa all day" she smiled, "Oh" he smiled back, "Have a good time then" he kissed her lightly. Reba was surprised at how welcoming she had been to his affection, anyone that knew her knew it wasn't normal.

Reba walked into her room, kicked her boots off, undressed, she took a long hot bath with a glass of wine and a good book. When she was done she checked the time, only 8, "hmm" she turned the T.V on, nothing! She wasn't all that tired after her bath so she got redressed and went down stairs.

The bar was empty so she took a seat and ordered a drink, they all had foreign names, she tried pronouncing one, the bartender laughed, "You want to just point to it?" He said without any noticeable accent. "Thanks!" She said a little surprised, "that one" she pointed. "Okay" he said a little shocked. She took a sip and her face went as red as her hair, tears glazed over her eyes and she began coughing. The bartender gave her a water and a towel, still hacking she said "Thanks". "I'm so sorry about that I should've warned you" he apologized. "No you're fine darlin'" she said wiping the last bit of alcohol of her shirt, "I shoulda asked" she smiled at him. "Why don't we try something a bit... tamer?" She said with a smirk. He poured three different drinks and lined them up in front of her. "Thanks".

After a couple drinks Jerry came up to the bar, "Hey there hot stuff!" He said draping an arm round Reba's shoulder, he smelled of liquor already he ordered the same drink Reba had started with. He took a long swig not fazed by the affects of the strong beverage. "You make me sick!" She rolled her eyes and pushed him away, he flew his hands up in the air, spilling half his drink, he turned around and stumbled off. "What a jerk!" Frank, the bartender said. "You can say that again!" She said taking another sip. "Hey, I just remembered!!! We have karaoke!" He said excitedly, "Wanna have a go?" A glimpse of excitement crossed her face but she said, "I don't know, it's been forever since I've sang" Frank poked his lower lip out, "Pa-lease" Reba looked at the floor, he was just like Van! She smiled up at him and said "FINE! Show me what you've got" his face brightened and he pulled out a laptop, "Pop, rock, jazz, blues?" He started looking through different genres. "Country?" She asked hopefully. "Ya here we go!" He said. She smiled, she recognized every song on the page! "How 'bout that one?" She pointed to the fourth one down. "Okay just go sing into that mic when the music starts playing" he smiled.

"Times are tough on an honest heart.
People don't follow through with what they start.
Lyin' eyes looking at me up and down.
Makin' talk that's only cheap.
Makin' promises they never keep.
But I keep lookin' for what I still haven't found.

One honest heart.
That I can believe in.
Two lovin' arms that will never let me go.
One good man that I can count on.
It shouldn't be so hard.
Finding one honest heart.

Now I've been close a time or two.
I thought I saw my dreams comin' true.
But I was just livin' in a fairy tale.
I won't play the fool again.
I won't play a game that I can't win.
But I still have faith and I keep tellin' myself. There's...

One honest heart.
That I can believe in.
Two lovin' arms that will never let me go.
One good man that I can count on.
It shouldn't be so hard.
Finding one honest heart.

I don't think I'm asking too much.
Just once in my life I want to be touched by...

One honest heart.
That I can believe in.
Two lovin' arms that will never let me go.
One good man that I can count on.
It shouldn't be so hard.
Finding one honest heart.

One good man.

One honest heart.
That I can believe in.
Two lovin' arms that will never let me go.
One good man that I can count on.
It shouldn't be so hard.
Finding one honest heart.

One honest heart.

One honest heart.
That I can believe in.
Two lovin' arms that will never let me go.
One good man that I can count on.
It shouldn't be so hard.
Finding one honest heart.

One good man, one honest heart"

She stepped of the stage, a small crowd had gathered five or six people, they all clapped. "Aw thanks y'all!" Her heart was bursting with joy from the pure thrill of singing again! "Boy, that was fun!" She said walking back to the bar. "That was great!" Frank said, high-fiveing her, "mind doing another? You got a request!" "Really?!?!?! What?" She asked excitedly, it was just like old times back at Terri's. "A couple asked for A Sunday Kind Of Love do you know it?" Frank said. "It's been a while, but yeah" she smiled and walked back to the stage.

"I want a Sunday kind of love
A love to last past Saturday night
And I'd like to know
It's more than love at first sight
I want a Sunday kind of love

And I want a - a love that's on the square
Can't seem to find somebody
Someone to care
And I'm on a lonely road that leads to nowhere
I need a Sunday kind of love

I do all my Sunday dreaming
And all my Sunday scheming
Every minute, every hour, every day
And hopin' to discover
A certain kind of lover
Who will show me the way

And my arms needs someone to invoke
To keep me warm when Mondays and Tuesdays grow cold
And I need a love for all my life to have and to hold
I want a Sunday kind of love - oh yeah
Yeah, I don't want a Monday or a Tuesday
A Wednesday or a Thursday
Friday or Saturday
I don't want nothin' baby
But I want a Sunday kind of love "

"Okay that's it for me!" She said walking off stage for the last time, it was getting late. Suddenly Narvel caught the corner of her eye. "That was amazing" he said walking up to her. "Thanks" she said smiling at her boots. "Really it was perfect!" He said. She smiled sheepishly again, "Do you want to have dinner tomorrow night?" She asked changing the subject. "I thought you were gonna be at the spa ALL day" he said jokingly, she elbowed him playfully, "Of course!" He said "I'll come by at, say, 7?" "That works, see you then" she kissed his cheek and hurried back up to her room.