A New Love 6

While Reba showered Narvel ran back outside into the pouring rain, he ran down the street searching for a store. It's not that it was that late, but it looked as though it was night. The storm clouds above sealed the earth from any ray of sunlight. Narvel finally found a clothing store that was still open, he rushed inside.

Reba hadn't heard anything from the room in quiet sometime, she wrapped herself in a towel and began playing with her hair, braiding, twirling, putting it in a bun, to pass the time there was nothing else to do. She even began singing, she truly enjoyed singing, music conveyed her thoughts and feelings so well.

"Lately I'm alone a lot.
Mostly I guess you're not.
Forgive me if I stop and stare.
I was just alittle unprepared.
So the world has fallen at your feet.
Yeah you hardly even missed a beat.
Everyday your heart beats a little stronger.
But my nights for me get a little longer.

You've gone on a million miles from here.
Swept up like a feather in the air.
Well you make it look so easy.
That doesn't seem quite fair.
'Cause baby I'm still tryin' to
get myself up and flying.

I should be farther on by now.
I just can't seem to catch a breeze somehow.
I should be free to leave the ground.
With no dreams left to weigh me down.
Well could you tell me what to do.
I've been tryin' to eny the truth.
But here it is now the living proof.
The one I love loves someone new.

You've gone on a million miles from here.
Swept up like a feather in the air.
Well you make it look so easy.
That doesn't seem quite fair.
'Cause baby I'm still tryin' to
get myself up and flying.

Oh you make it look so easy.
It doesn't seem quite fair.
'Cause baby I'm still tryin' to get myself.
Up and Flying"

Narvel heard the mesmerizing voice on the other side of the door, he dare not interrupt such a beautiful sound. As she ended the song he softly knocked at the bathroom door. Reba jumped, she had no idea someone had been standing there!

"I got some clothes" Narvel said against the door. "Umm.. Hang on" Reba said as she refastened the towel around her body. She opened the door halfway and he slipped the sack through. "I just had to guess on the sizes.." He said with a hint of fear. First was... A pack of panties and a bra, her face went red as she set them aside. She pulled out two plain tank tops, they would work, her favorite colors too, turquoise and red! Next was a nice white blouse, it was just like the one she'd worn the night Brock and her had told Terri about their plans. A pair of jeans were next and then there was a pair of pajama pants. She had to admit he was pretty good! "Ya everything will work" she said as she dress in a the red tank top and pajama pants.

Narvel showered and dressed in some pjs while Reba read a book. He walked in rubbing his head with the towel, "So how do you want to do this?" He asked pointing to the bed. Reba had tried not to think about it, she knew she could trust Narvel but she was still very uncomfortable with the idea of sharing a room with him. After she had been silent for a while "I'll sleep on the floor if you want me too" he suggested. She sighed, "We can share the bed IF we sleep at separate ends!" She held her hand up. "Okay" there was no trace of disappointment in his voice or face. "Just let me finish this chapter"
She smiled up at him she had been curled up in a blanket on the floor against the wall to read.

Reba laid on her back, eyes wide open for most of the night. Narvel lay on his side, it was hard not to think about the redhead lying next to him but he soon fell asleep.