Chapter V: The Rebellion

I can almost feel my eyeballs fall out of my head and my ears burn. Laughter, in a facility. Impossible. I stare at the group of men and women rolling in laughter. "Seth." I turn to the person nudging me. I'm met with shining hazel eyes and bright red hair. "You ok man?" Ryker asks, smiling slightly. I shake myself out of my trance and shake my head.

"I'm fine, it's just, this is a facility right? I don't understand how everyone can be so... hopeful." I mutter. He chuckles a little and nods.

"I know what you mean. But, I don't think this is a facility. Not anymore at least." I raise an eyebrow, yet the guy doesn't notice and continues to follow Falcon and the others out of the courtyard and into the prison like building. No matter if Flacon got us out of that mess with those Imperium members, I still have a funny feeling about him. After all, the looks he's receiving from the people in this place aren't all that great either. He seems to glare at almost everyone sending him these looks, or he ignores them. We walk through a bunch of long, grey hallways, the lights illuminating them making me feel sick. It's almost like I never left.

"In here." The tan man says coolly, opening a seafoam green door with the letters, Mr. Eney crossed out by sharpie and replaced with the name Ms. Greene. I watch Jason and Scout disappear into the room first. Great, yeah, sure. Just go into the creepy room. No! the voice is BACK!

Shut up!

HEY! I'm just a figment of your imagination Mister.

"Seth!?"

"Wha- uh yeah?"

"Are you coming?" Jordan asks politely. I nod again.

"Yeah, of course." I really need to stop drifting off. I walk into the small room with white walls and a small old wooden desk in the middle with papers spilling off of it. I stand next to Cade and Ryker, waiting for the female at the desk to speak. The woman, who I assume is Ms. Greene, has short brunette hair and a young complexion. She must be in her early thirties and I can tell her hazel eyes have seen a lot.

"What is this Dan?" She grumbles, obviously tired from the stress of work. I can't help but snort as Falcon opens his mouth to answer.

"Your name is DAN? HA! That's-"

"Seth!" Cade scolds.

"Sorry..." "Falcon" (Dan) glares at me before answering what looks to be like his boss.

"The Imperium was about to take these seven hostage. Thought we might as well get all of the people we can." The woman nods and rubs her eyes tiredly.

"Good, Good. Debrief them on everything and show them too the fourth floor for their rooms. Have, uh what are you names?" She asks.

"I'm Jason, That's Jordan, Sheila, Seth, Cade, Ryker, And Scout." The tall ebony haired man explains.

"Right, right. Have, Jordan and Jason in room 234. Seth and Ryker was it? in room 232. Sheila and Cade in room 235, oh and if you can squeeze Scout in there that would be great. I'm guessing you guys want to stay together." We all nod but she ignores us. "Your reward is in the old finery." Falcon nods and forces us out of the room. So he's a mercenary. Who would have guessed? Well, it actually makes sense now that I think about it. He doesn't seem like much of a team player.

"We'll start with the courtyard stuff. Ugh, so that's where people hang out, and stuff. That's where, well that's basically all that's out here. Oh wait! There's also the picnic tables, some people, well most people prefer to eat outside, unless it's snowing." Falcon explains gesturing to a bunch of picnic tables strewn out across the beautiful courtyard. It had once been one of the blocked up courtyards, where all there were were concrete floors and blood from fights,