Fears of Shiela

"Wait... girlfriend?" Jason muses. Cade's, Jason's and my eyes slide over to Ryker and Scout, who have conveniently, spread apart, now just holding hands.

"Is he saying you two are dating now?" Cade asks. The two nod sheepishly, their cheeks red. All three of us say the same thing, and the same time.

"Who started it?!" They glance at each other, the question taking them aback. After a silent communication, Scout speaks.

"I suppose we both did." Two small groans sound. We turn to each other, a small huddle, and Jason says,

"So who won? Scout didn't start it, so I lose, and Cade lost because Ryker didn't make the first move."

"Suckers!! I win. I'm the closest. I said I would do it. Since neither made the first move on that, that means I win! Give me the cash, losers!" I chuckle glee. Jason and Cade groan, taking out the appropriate amount of money each. "Nice doing business with you, friends." I stash the cash, and turn to watch Sheila, not before watching the lovebirds' expression when they realize we made a bet on them.

She steps into the room, calm as ever, not bothered by the past people's encounters whatsoever. She stands there, waiting for Falcon to start it. The forest appears and Sheila sets right to work collecting dry twigs just like Jordan did. She knows exactly what she's doing. She must have been paying more attention that I thought.

The only difference, she takes the moss instead of sand, and uses more moss than anything else. Jordan watches her with critical eyes, shaking his head. The guards show up just as she finishes tying it together. She tries to find the rocks, and the guards start moving. She looks between them, as if calculating their miles per hour at the moment. I watch closely. All of the others have seemed to have a plan. Scout didn't but that's because she went first. I on the other hand, made it through with mostly dumb luck.

I won't be surprised if I don't get a role in the fighting section. It's not my thing. When I was in the Facility I always knew what I would become. I could tell by the way the watched me. They wanted me to be a politician, They wanted me to help them rule the world. Which would be okay with me if it weren't for the fact that I hate responsibility. With a passion.

The guards hold up their guns, ready to fire, when the short, brown haired girl raises her hands in the air. "I surrender." She claims. Everyone in the room goes still. Is she serious, she can't be. No freaking way. But the girl seems legit. The two guards don't seem to buy it and walk over to her with caution. As they advance on her, she doesn't move and just stays calm.

"What is she doing?" Falcon growls under his breath. Feeling the same way, I turn my gaze towards Jordan who's smiling like an idiot.

"She's a genius." He laughs. I raise an eyebrow at the dark skin man, but soon realize I'm missing what's going on on the screen mirror thing. When I look, I begin to question Jordan's idea of genius. Sheila is between the two guards as they walk her over to a car that hadn't been there before. This program really improvises a lot. With this and with when Jason was forced to use the man's arm. Gross. Anyway, the girl is going to be lead towards the car. But that's when I see it. Her lips are moving quickly, muttering numbers and words. Like she's trying to crack a code.

I must have been right because moments later, the guards helmets go black and they stumble cluelessly around. The girl smiles for a moment before dropping her bomb and dashing out of the way. And that's when I realize why she used the moss. Not for an explosion. Well at least not for the one I had thought. A stick speeds through the air, ignited by a chemical reaction that must have taken place. The guards collapse on the ground moaning and choking, until they become dead still.

The girl on the monitor smiles and leans down to examine her damage. Everyone in the room sits there in shock trying to process what just went down. Well except for Jordan, who's sitting in his chair smiling. "I don't think I've ever loved being related to her so much." He laughs. Everyone in the room just stares at him comically, but he ignores it. Falcon, rolls his eyes and turns on the speaker.

"Well that happened. I think I know how this next simulation will go down but it's required so. Just get through it and we can get to the finally" The girl on the monitor nods as the room around her transforms into the familiar computer room from all of the other sessions. Annoying. Now that I think about it, she must know these kinds of rooms pretty well. She probably invented this system. Since she and her brother had this kind of thing as their job. It takes her less than a minute to disable the alarms, close the doors, and bring up a funny cat video on the screen. Why she added the cat video is a mystery. But she did. And it's actually quite funny. The cat keeps chasing the light but it can't get it. Just like how the simulation cannot get Sheila, no matter how much it chases her.

Dude. I'm a freaking philosopher!

Now for the part I hate the most. Sheila stands there patiently, waiting for the oncoming storm. And that's when the room transforms. To, a plane. It's a simple as that. The inside of a plane. Business sector. She sitting there. And she tenses up. That's when I remember her story. Her parents died in a plane crash. A large BOOM and fire ignites in the compartment, and two charred bodies, older replicas of her and Jordan, and then on other body, not burned, but bloody. Jordan himself. I guess that isn't a surprise. She just sits there, staring, until the mirage fades back into just a simple simulation room.

Sheila walks through the door, her face normal. "I sure do hope I did well." She says flatly before taking a seat next to her brother. Falcon comes back out, smiling.

"She's taking it better than all you wimps." He boasts. Again, dagger glares meet is cheery expression. He ignores it, and turns to Cade. His eyes are hungry, teasing, cruel, and unforgiving. He wants to watch her. Wants to know why she's so afraid.

"Your turn, scaredy cat."