(12) Red Light District

(12)  Red Light District

 Here I was, my first cheerleading competition of the season. How exciting. My heart raced faster then a cheetah, a nervous sweat broke out on my palms as I rubbed them on my mini-skirt; otherwise known as the slutty cheer uniform. It was horrible really, our mid-driffs exposed and the skirt reaching down only to mid thigh. Who chose these uniforms, fifteen year old boys?

 Sighing, I glanced over at Penny and her crew. Somehow she had persuaded the coach to give her Cheer-Captain, while I got stuck with Co-Captain along with one of her minions. I didn't mean to sound cocky, but I was better then her at cheerleading; not that the coach cared. My guess was she was either bribed or blackmailed, one or the other.

 I was snapped out of my thoughts when Amanda shook me lightly, she had come along with us to cheer me on and support our team. She convinced the Coach that she could help the girls with their make up and getting changed if they needed any help and BINGO, Amanda was in and on our bus to the competition.

 Amanda smiled up at me, hugging me briefly before pushing me off towards the rest of the team as our school was called onto the stage. "Good luck!" She yelled, cupping her hands around her mouth as she waved a short good-bye.

 Stepping out onto stage in the dark was no problem for me, but for a few other girls; they just couldn't seem to find out where the spot was in time. I cringed slightly, that could hurt us if we weren't absolutely perfect.

 The music blared out of the speakers and the lights came on, but instead of the standard yellowish tinge to the light, it was red. The music was partially my idea, seeing as the composers were one of my favorite bands. But Penny had decided on choosing one of the sluttiest and inappropriate songs on the album; just to piss me off.

  The girls began dancing and my lips pulled into a smile so wide I thought my cheeks were going to fall off.

 As the song ended, we all finished off in some of the sluttiest moves I've ever had to practice. And by the end of the song I was huffing for breath, but the wide grin had yet to leave my face. As soon as the lights dimmed and I stepped off the stage the smile broke and I had to keep from rubbing my cheeks as the soreness dulled.

 Amanda was there in my view as we stepped into the back, and I immediately ran into her arms. Amanda beings Amanda, she always gave me a huge hug after all of my competitions, told me I did great and then took me out for ice cream as soon as it ended. But since we were one of the first of many schools, it would be a while before I got that ice cream.

 "You did amazing!" She grinned ear to ear, reminding me of a cheeky little monkey. Pinching her cheeks I grinned back at her, ignoring the soreness in my strained cheeks.

 "Thank you monkey!"

"Hey!" She slapped my hands, pouting and trying to contain her laughter at the same time. Although we were both happily content at the moment, we had no idea what was coming for us and what was yet to happen in the near future.