Chapter 1: Them?! (Part 1)

• Dedicated to Carina Doreen Chuasang

“K-Kelcie!”  I called as I ran. “W-wait up!”

“How unusual of you…”  Kelcie panted.  “Waking up late…”

 “It’s not my fault…” Alright, Anna, inhale, exhale.  “Blame the newspaper for this!”

“Oh…well, don’t worry!  Everything’s gonna be fine, trust me!”  Kelcie ran to the front and faced me.  “Don’t look at me with that exhausted face, it’s still morning!!”

“But…still…”

“No but’s and no still’s!!  Listen to me; do you want to lose to the other editors?”

“Of course not.”

“That’s it! Keep your spirits up, Anna. I’ll help you so don’t worry.”

“Thanks for cheering me up.” I smiled.

“Hehehe…”  Kelcie kept on walking backwards.

“U-umm…Kelcie...you’d better stop.”

“Stop wha-“

Ooh!  Major collision…

I closed my eyes then peeked after a little while.  “Are you okay?”

“O-ouch, who the hell did…that?”  She rubbed her forehead.  “M-Matthieu?!”

Matthieu picked up his glasses. “Next time, better watch your step, Kels.”

Oh, hey!  Anna here once again signing in.  A commotion like this is pretty ordinary nowadays. Remember my cousin, Kelcie?

“Hey there, Matthieu.” I greeted. “Wanna join us walk to school?”

“Sure, why not?”  Matthieu replied.

This guy here is Matthieu Benedicto; he’s also from Elemya Academy, 4th year in Group B. Other than that, he’s Kelcie’s childhood friend, both of them attended the same elementary school, what a coincidence.  Apparently, my loveless cousin here has a crush on that book-addict.  And well…up until now she hasn’t even got the chance to…’ya know…confess to him.  Sometimes, I just can’t stop thinking that it’s already hopeless; she would just receive that unrequited love.

Ting!  (You know…with the light bulb…)  I just got a great idea, and it’s going to be my greatest scoop ever!  Somehow, if I could just –

BAM!!  BUMP!!

Oh, great, another major collision…

“Hey, that’s rude of-“

“Sorry.” Celina winked at me playfully.

“-you…”  I swear I was about to curse.

“Big bro!”  Celina hugged Matthieu.

“What the @%#!*&?!”  Kelcie cursed.

“Oh, my beloved Matthieu!” Celina clung onto his arm.

“Celina?”  Matthieu closed his book.

Well, we soon found out that they’re actually half-siblings, Kelcie even fainted upon knowing.

“Let’s walk to school together!” Celina said.

“Hey, you-“Kelcie started getting mad.

“Kelcie, hold your temper!!” I controlled my cousin.

That’s Celina Julianne, she’s Kelcie’s rival.  She believes that Matthieu and she is a couple but actually, they’re not.  For some reason, she joined Group B just for the intention of being with Matthieu.  That’s what you call the ‘using your family’s influence’ method.