Chapter 2: More Than Just Rivals (Part 2)

• Dedicated to Kathleen Ngo

Last chap of More Than Just Rivals!! Sorry, this is really short.  Enjoy!

~*~*~*~

"Good morning, Anna!" Elie smiled and greeted me as I entered class.

"Good morning, Elie."  I smiled back.

When I enter class, I usually feel like I'm in heaven, peacefully umm...floating, then, either Austin or Nicholas would pull me back to the real world, usually a prank or joke.  This time, for the first time, I felt happy and free, as if I was floating in heaven, with no Austin, forever.  Freedom doesn't last forever, of course.

"What the hell?!" Kelcie confronted me.

"Oh, hi Kelcie!"

"I told you to resist!  What did he say?!"

"Well..."

So I told her the entire story...

"Sorry," Kelcie apologized.  "I can't blame you.  That was really convincing."

"Good morning, everyone!"  Ms. Dy entered the class.

"Good morning, Ms. Dy!  It's nice to see you." We greeted like robots.

"Please be seated."

"Thank you for understanding."  I whispered back to Kelcie.  "Come on, time for classes."

"Time for class!" Ms Dy repeated then looked around our simple classroom.  "Where's Nicholas?"

Nicholas came from the door, grogging.  "Here..."

"What's wrong, Nicholas?"  Ms. Dy naturally asked.

"He's gone...He's gone!  I'm the only boy in the world, you fags!  Oh, this is a girl class now!"

"Calm down and thank you for reminding me, Nicholas.  Our top student, Austin, has been accepted to join Group A, as you all know, so...umm...Anna?"  Ms. Dy called me.

"Yes, ma'am?"

"You've been promoted to class prez and..."  Ms. Dy continued to rant.

ME?!  Class prez?! This is great!  Austin moving out is the best thing that ever happened to me!

"Anna!" Kelcie yelled.

"Who?  What?"

My God, I'm spacing out again! I've been daydreaming this whole time about Austin's absence, I...I...I...

"Ugh,"  Kelcie complained.  "the girl's spacing out again. Anyway, we're divided to groups of four.  Elie, Nicholas you and me, okay?"

"Listening." I said.  "What are we gonna do?"

"Just find some stupid bell."  She answered.  "However, each bell is hidden in different plans and each bell possesses powers unless we tame it good enough. Once it's well-tamed, the bell will come to our hands. Deadline's on Friday."

"Taming? Isn't that..."  I wondered.

"Yup."  Elie cut me off.  "One of Austin's specialties.  Part of me wishes that Austin hadn't left."

"What are we talking about? We can do this, guys!" I encouraged them.

"Oh, please.  OF COURSE ANNA CAN'T DO IT, YOU MORONS!"  Nicholas said, upping the negative vibe.

"JUST SHUT UP, OKAY?"  I started getting really pissed at him.  " Listen, we can do this, okay?  WITHOUT AUSTIN!"

Everyone agreed with me but I could still see a bit of the sadness in their eyes.