Chapter 2: More Than Just Rivals (Part 1)

• Dedicated to Anna Lim

I sighed. Another boring day in class...Oh! Hi thre, once again, Anna Kaye here signing in.

Ding! Dong!

Yehey! Dismissal time!

"Anna! Let's go home together." Kelcie invited me.

"Hi, Anna." Matthieu greeted me.They were holding hands. ♥

Well, you know Kelcie and Matthieu from the previous chapter, right? It's already been a week since that you-know-what scene happened. And it's all thanks to me. Hohoho...now they're a happy couple. ♥

"Oh, sorry Kelcie, Matthieu." I said. "I still have my club activity."

"That's okay." Kelcie said. "See ya later."

"Bye Anna, and I almost forgot, your scoop was great." Matthieu added.

"Thanks. Bye!" I walked towards the club room.

Speaking about 'previous' and what Matthieu said earlier, about the scoop...well...I didn't have any choice...but...hate to say it...I...begged Austin for it. Ugh, it's so EMBARRASSING!! HUMILIATING!! I can't believe I'm even narrating it.

~*~*~*~

"Say it!" Austin said smugly.

"I don't want to, can't you just accept it, please?" I gave him my baby-dog eyes.

"You clearly know I'm immune to that."

"It was worth a shot. Anyway, what do you want?"

"No, no, no. Ask it like you mean it."

"Austin," I said grudgingly. "can I write about you for my scoop?" This time I said it with more meaning.

"You idiot. You have to build it up, make a speech like say how handsome, smart and awesome I am." I felt like barfing all of a sudden.

I sighed. "Austin..."

"Hold that thought." He grabbed his cellphone and clicked a few buttons. Then, he positioned the cellphone's camera at me. Why that...

"Don't worry the red light means it's off." Austin lied. "Now, smile."

Damn it, I hate that guy.

"Austin," I started. "Handsome, smart Austin."

"You forgot awesome."

"Awesome Austin. Being the greatest student, can I interview you for the school paper?"

"No."

"WHAT?! You made me do all that, and I get a no?! What do you want?!"

"50 bucks."

"Here." I handed him my money.

"Answer's yes."

"So I couldv'e just paid you 50 bucks without doing" I gulped. "that?!"

"Yeah."

~*~*~*~

AAAAAAGGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hey, Anna! Anna?" Candy called. "You're spacing out again."

"Oh, hey Candy. What'd you think about my scoop?"

"Fantastic! You are going places! Oh, and..."

She handed me a copy of the newspaper.

"Free paper for the best editor around." She smiled and left. I quickly flipped to the editorial section. And there it was, my scoop printed on the front cover.