Chapter 4: A Little Love Story (Part 5)

Last chapter of A Little Love Story.  Next will be Guilty Pleasure which should a.  have four parts and b.  one of Blossom20's best works.  Enjoy~

I turned around to see Simon standing on the doorway, clearly mad.

"Did you just go through my stuff?"  He asked sternly.

"Umm..." I couldn't say anything.

"Talk!" He ordered.

"I...I..."

He looked at the open drawer.  "My hunch was right."

"Wha-what are you talking about?"  I managed to ask.

"I knew it!  You're Tina's spiritual partner!"

"Simon, I need some explaining from you."

"Fine!"  He grunted.  "I'll explain.  As you have seen, Tina is my childhood friend whom I fell in love with.  When she found out about my power, she ran away and...and...told me to never come and find her.  I was suppose to feel angry and mad after she did that but...but... I was still in love with her.  My sister, Bex, soon noticed it and gave me a solution."

"But why couldn't I read your mind but you could read mine?" I butt in quietly.

"I could read your mind because your mind was exactly like Tina's whom I've fallen in love with for seven years!  The reason you can't read my mind isn't because I'm  a shapeshifter, it's because I fell in love with, not Tina, but you."

That's it.  That was what was in the second page.  Remember the time when I was researching why I couldn't read Simon's mind?  That was what was in the second page.

"Because that one different aspect, the aspect of your acceptance of my power, mad the biggest difference in the world!"

"What about Bex?"  I asked.

"Remember the interview?  She was testing how similiar you were to Tina!"

"And the nickname?"

"If I called you by your real name, it would remind me too much of Tina.  With a nickname, it doesn't remind me of her that much."

"A-and the first time I met with Bex...were you two talking about...me?"

"Yes.  She couldn't believe that I had found you."

"And the enchanted drawer?"

"An old friend of mine designed that for me.  Like Tina, you can be a  bit of a detective so after giving you more suspicions, I knew you would search my room - specifically the last drawer of my bedside table."

"And that poem?!"

"Only two beings in this world can open my mouth.  One of the two is me.  The other one is two people - either Tina or her spiritual partner - you.  Knowing that you would come looking in that particular place, my friend enchanted it so that when you foudn it, I would've found you."

Oh wow...Suddenly everything made sense...

I stepped back a little.  "I...umm...I...uhhh...I gotta go."

I headed to the door when Simon swiftly closed it.  "No, you're not.  You're just running away from all this like Tina did!  YOu maybe Tina's spiritual partner but you are SO different from her in so many waysw and to be honest, your differences is what I lvoe about you."

Love?

"I can't believe I'm saying this but..."  Simon took a deep breath.  "I...I...I..I-I-I"