Chapter 1: Them?! (Part 2)

• Dedicated to Celina J Chung

When my classes ended, I quickly headed to the garden and expected seeing Kelcie and Matthieu talking.  Sure enough, Kelcie was there when I arrived, but the talking-with-each-other-until-you-fall-in-love part?  Boy, was I wrong about that. Kelcie just stood there, cold like a statue.  I asked her if there’s something wrong but she just wouldn’t answer.

And then I saw it, the thing that ruined my plan. Instead of Kelcie, Matthieu was with another girl.  The girl was pretty cute and she held hands with Matthieu, not to mention she’s like a glue sticking onto him. I was down with one conclusion – that girl is Matthieu’s girlfriend!

“Umm…Kelcie?  L-let’s just leave them, okay?”  I whispered. “Maybe there’s a misunderstanding.”

“Oh please, we’ve seen the truth.” Kelcie said solemnly.  “Why press another reason on me?  The more I hope, the more I get hurt.  That’s just reality, I guess?

“Kelcie…I’m so sorry.”

She smiled sadly.  “You don’t have to feel sorry, Anna. From this day on, I’ll try moving on.”

“What do you mean?  You’re just going to give up, just like that?”

“Of course!  It’s not like there’s still hope for me.”

“What are you saying?!”

“’Ya know, you better give it up too, Anna.  Just give the schemes up.  “It’s not worth it anymore.”  Kelcie left.

I didn’t know what had gotten into me, but I was so frustrated that I ran to Matthieu’s direction and snatched him from his girlfriend.  We ran until we reached a gazebo just beyond the garden and there, I confronted him.

“What’s wrong with you,Anna?!”  Matthieu asked, a little mad.

“Aren’t I the one who needs to ask you that?”  I answered back.

“Huh?”

“Tell me, honestly.  Who’s Kelcie in your life?”

“K-Kelcie? Umm…she’s…”  Matthieu averted his gaze.  “She’s just a friend.”

“If you’re so sure, then look at me straight in the eye!”

Just looking at me in the eye gave him a hard time since I’m quite intimidating especially when I’m angry.  Something’s fishy here, he’s hiding his true feelings, I’m sure of it!  I tried persuading him but he’s just too stubborn, that’s why I ended up using the I’m-your-worst-nightmare plan.  I summoned my sub-machine guns and pointed both at him.

“So, you’re not gonna talk?”  I threatened him. “Maybe we should try and find out how many bullets would hit you in a minute?”

“Y-you’re joking, right?”  Matthieu said, shaking.

“You really think I’m joking?”  I fired a bullet on a tree.

Matthieu looked horrified as he watched the tree split in half.  “Ah…I-I- Fine, I’ll tell you!  So please, drop the gun.”

“Well, that’s a smart boy.”  My machine guns vanished in thin air.

“F-for me, I guess, Kelcie’s special.”

“Special in what way?”

“I don’t know.   These days I just can’t look into her eyes anymore, I just get embarrassed when I’m with her, much worse, I always seem to think about her.”

“Oh God, don’t tell me you’re…”

“I’m what?”

I ignored it.  “No, this isn’t right.  You already have a girlfriend.”

“Oh, is it Lyra?”

“Hey, tell me, why did you date her?”

“What kind of question is that?  For starters, she’s cute and she’s also a pretty good musician.”

“Musician?”  I asked, confused.

“Yeah, and for some reason, she reminds me of Kelcie, a lot.”

“ I see…So, Matthieu?  Why don’t you break up with her?”

“What?!  Why would I?”

I sighed.  “If you don’t, then, you’ll get this.”  I summoned my guns back.

“H-hey, that’s not fair!”

“You’re the one who’s unfair.”

“What do you mean?”

“Don’t you just get it?  From the start, you’ve already liked Kelcie.”

Matthieu’s face turned red.  “T-that’s…”

“Hmm…I think I’m seeing something here.”

“W-what?”

“You need to find it out yourself and I’ve got the perfect plan for that.  The best plan for the two of you to realize.”

“Realize, what?”

“Oh, stop asking questions, okay?  Let the love goddess handle everything.”

“Tch, more like the annoying cupid.”  Matthieu murmured.

“What did you just say?!”  I looked at him with flaming eyes.

“I-I said…I’m going with your plan, yeah, that’s right.”

“Good.”  I nodded in agreement.

After my little chit-chat with Matthieu, I headed to the little park just behind our dorm and found Kelcie.  She was doing her usual routine of playing music.  Indeed, her music was soothing and warm yet there’s still signs of her anger, especially when she ended up breaking her flute in half just for the sake of losing it.  Still, it was nothing I couldn’t handle.  I was able to convince her to go to the party and hid mmy devious plan from her.  Hehehe…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Written by: Blossom20

Edited by: Blossom20

Typed by: Buttercup18

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter.

The picture posted at the right it is a picture drawn by our good friend RichelleNgo depicting Them?!  She's also going to post another picture of Them?!  in the next chapter.  Go read her works if you have the time: If you like music and everyday life, go to her story: 7th Heaven.  On the other hand, if you like fantasy, go to her to her other story, Miyu's Star: The Celestial Battle

The next chapter will be the last part for Them?!

Vote.

Comment.

Fan.

Bye! :D