Chapter 4: A Little Love Story (Part 3)

Just a little heads up, text in bold (other than this little a/n), means it's not being  narrated by Kim.  It's third person.  Okay..I'll shut up

Previously on A Little  Love Story...

 "You couldn't calculate what was in his head?"  Eunice wondered aloud.

"That must be it!" I exclaimed.  "Simon's an animal shapeshifter!  That's why I couldn't calculate his mind!"

"Anywho, do you happen to know any shapeshifter...personally?" Kathleen asked.  "Better get to know him fast coz anyone who brings a shapeshifter to class and defeats him gets a perfect score on our next PE Unit Test.  Bye and good luck!" She winked, grabbed her things,waved goodbye and briskly walked out of the room.

 I peeped and saw Simon and another girl talking quite intensely.   I didn't know why the scene made me a bit uneasy and how hardly I was hit by it.

"Oh, she's just my sister, Rebecca, but you can call her Bex."

"Here goes..." He took a deep breath, closed then opened his eyes and declared.  "Please go on a date with me!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was the last thing I expected Simon to say.  That must be why I splashed water on his face when I heard his 'little payment' a few seconds afterwards.

"Thanks." He expressed sarcasm.  "I needed that."  Then he turned into a cat and started licking the water off of him.

I thought about his offer a lot.  Part of me wanted to hit him, a large part of me.  A part of me wanted to just run away.  A part of me wanted to calmly ask for another payment and despite of all these...

I nodded.

"Are you serious?"  Simon asked gleefully.

It was like God had given me another chance and I had blown it away because once again, I nodded.

"Great!" He beamed.  "Saturday, 6pm, Starbucks, wear something casual but girly, we're meeting my sister, Bex. THanks a ton!"

Still in his cat form, he changed back to human, hugged me tightly and even kissed me on the cheek.  Then, he turned into a bat and flew away.

"I heard everything!"  Eunice came out, squealing.

I blushed.  "It's not what you think it is."

"Yes it is!  You're blushing!  And you accepted!  Awwww......Kim's in loooove."

"N-n-n-n-n-o, I'm not!"  I blushed again.

"C'mon!  We've gotta get you some proper clothes!"

"Proper?!"

~~~~~~~

"There you are, Kim."  Simon came, running and panting.  "Wow, you must be pretty excited."

I stood outside Starbucks, waiting for Simon.  He arrived just a few minutes after I came running to the cafe thinking I was late (and turning out that I was too early.)

"You look...very...un-Kim-like."

"What's that suppose to mean?!  Besides, Eunice picked it out for me."

"You don't have to look like someone you're not for a date."

I looked at my clothings.  Like Simon said, i didn't look very much like myself.  Instead of my usual twin pigtails, Eunice had tied my hair to a ponytail with a ribbon instead.  She lent me her floral blouse and a white miniskirt.  She topped it off with some pink flats and a purse replacing my usual knapsack.