Joker: Feelings on Mute (Part 1)

Yo! I'm RichelleNgo, a friend of xXFightLoveLaughXx. I also have an account of my own on wattpad. Please check it out.

This is just a bonus chapter of Which Ace Are You. (That's why it's Joker) I'll probably upload about 4 or 5 parts. I'm not sure if this part is too short. I'm not used to writing in parts. I usually write a chapter in one go. Please tell me if it's too short. That way I'll uploud a more longer part.

The writing style is a bit different but please look foward to it.

Vote, Fan Comment and Don't Forget to Smile! :)

___________________________________________________________

Feelings on Mute 

I know that people say ‘Actions speak louder than words’ and I’m sure that’s true but the thing is, that saying doesn’t apply to me. I’m sure you don’t understand me right now so I’ll try to explain this from the start.

My name is May Antoinette Yu and I’m 16. I’m a senior in the school, Elemya Academy. My power is Voice Control and I am not exactly proud of my power for reasons I’ll tell later. For now, I need to survive lunch.

A boy with a smug look suddenly blocks my way.

“Hey girly! Do you have anything to say today? What is it? Cat got your tongue?” he says haughtily.

I dare not say anything back. I don’t want anyone to hear my voice. I push him out of my way and sit at my usual chair at my usual table with no one else sitting beside me.

Then, I eat in agony and silence.

~*~*~*~

KABOOM!

I sigh. The little devil is here again.

“Kathleen Ngo! I want a rematch!” Nicholas announces.

“Right after you fix my wall.” Kathleen says back at him, her eyes twitching.

It’s amazing that they’re together even if they’re so different. I hope I can be happy like that one day, someday.

“Restoration spells, here we go again.” Eliot says, sighing.

“Can’t you guys quiet down? I’m trying to read here.” Kim says, not taking her eyes away from the thick book she’s reading.

“Geez, sorry…” Nicholas apologizes.

As you can guess, I’m in Group E, Winter Roses. Compared to them, I have a pretty low ranking. It’s not because I’m stupid or lazy in any way. It just ended up like that.

“You power is Voice Control, is it not?”

I jump in shock. Then I nod after seeing it was Kathleen asking.

“Then how come I never hear you talk? I know you’re a new student here since three weeks ago but at least make an effort to talk to us. I mean, we’re not scary, except for that guy over there.” She points towards Nicholas.

“Hey!”

“See what I mean?” 

I just watch them tease each other silently when Jordan suddenly speaks up.

“Hey Nicholas, I heard Group F got a new student. Is that true?” he ,I mean she. Or he. Or… whatever! You get what I mean!

“Yeah. He came just yesterday.” Then he turns his attention to Kathleen. ”Aren’t you proud, Kathleen? I didn’t skip class yesterday.”

“But you’re skipping it today, so you don’t have the right to brag.” Kathleen says plainly.

“Sheesh! And here I am, thinking that I would introduce him to this May girl.”

Me?

Kathleen suddenly lights up and says, “That’s a great idea! Nicholas, can May and I visit your class after school, pretty please?” she’s giving Nicholas such puppy dog eyes even I can’t say no to that.

As expected, even Nicholas can’t refuse her and says yes.

“Great!” Kathleen says, facing me. “By the end of the day, you’ll have a new best friend.”

............

It looks like my afternoon has just been decided.

~*~*~*~

"Here we are, Group F, Harmonics!" Kathleen announces.

............

"You really don't talk much do you?" Nicholas comments.

Suddenly, a girl with long black hair and almond brown eyes stands at the door and her eyes goes instantly to Nicholas.

"Wow. For once, you're very early for class, tomorrow's class that is." she says sarcastically.

"Good to see you, too Anna." Nicholas greets, ignoring her sarcasm.

"Who is this?" says she(whose name must be Anna).

"Her name's May." Kathleen answers for me. "I was hoping you could introduce her to the new student in your class."

Anna thinks for a while. " Ah! You mean Leo? I'm sure they'll hit it right off. He's really friendly. And he plays the guitar, which is really cool."

"Isn't that great?" Kathleen says, facing me.

............

I don't know whether to be happy or nervous. In truth, I'm not really a shy peson. I'm very energetic in fact. But ever since that night, I'm scared of hearing my own voice and I certainly don't want others to hear it as well. If they do, they might be next.

"Hey, Kels! Where's Leo?" Anna shouts to a short girl with messy brown hair and the same brown eyes.  They must be cousins or something.

"Leo? He already left." she answers.

"Aw. Sorry. He's not here."

"Don't worry. We'll just come back tomorrow."

............

I don't know why, but for some reason, I feel kinda sad for not meeting this Leo guy.

I wonder why.

~*~*~*~

I grab my notebook and go to my safe haven. (Aside from my dorm room, which I happen to be staying by myself)

The sun is about to set and the rooftop's colored with rays of red and orange. It's really nice up here. It feels like I own the place all to myself. It's the only place in school where I can find peace. The main reason why I like this place is because no one can hear me.

As if on the push of a button, I start to hum. A wordless song fills my ears as I open my notebook. The first few pages are filled with words. These words are lyrics to the music I make.

I love making music and thinking of words to to fit the song and I still do. But recently, no words can come to my mind. No matter how many times I hum this same melody, this tune will always remain wordless.

I wish everyone would always be like this. Wordless. They don't know how much words can pierce through your heart. Of course they wouldn't. They don't have the same power as me.

Voice Controllers have the power to make people do whatever they want just by saying it. The victims get hypnotized by hearing the controller's voice.

No matter how powerful voice controlling is, there's always a weakness. You won't get your full powers until the age of 21. So at my age, voice controlling won't always work.

If there's a weakness, there's an advantage. It depends on how forceful you are. Even if you're just 16, as long as you put force and feelings into your words, the victim can't help but listen to your every word.

Since I'm 16 and a nice, obedient girl, I shouldn't worry that someone would be a slave for life, but sadly that's not the case.

It's because of that time, that one night, that everything changed.