Joker: Feelings on Mute (Part 5)

Here's the last part everybody!! It's shorter than I expected but I still think I did a pretty good job.

The video on the right is just a short song titled "Tegami". It's a japanese song but the guitar sounds really nice and I just love the voice of the singer. Please enjoy. 

After reading this, please proceed to Ace of Spades. That's where the continuation is.

Vote, Fan , Comment and Don't Forget to Smile! :)

__________________________________________________________________________

      It started around 6 years ago. My parents got divorced and I was left with Mom. After that, my mom cracked. She keeps on remarrying and divorce again. So we always move one place to another. It was very tiring.

Until one day, me and my mom moved to the countryside with my grandmother. The months passed by peacefully with a small farm and tranquil days. I thought I could live the rest of my life peacefully with no worries like this.

I was wrong.

One night, my mom came into my room announcing we'll be moving again with his new boyfriend. That time, I snapped. I sreamed and cried and my mom tried reasoning with me. In the end, i yelled at her, "JUST DIE AND GO TO HELL!".

Little did I know she'd actually do it.

The next morning, I went to her room to apologize for screaming at her. But when I went there, I saw her feet hanging in midair and a rope tied around her neck. I never felt so scared in my life.

Also on that day, my grandmother explained to me about my powers that I never knew off. My mom thought she could let me have a normal life so she kept quiet. That's what my grandmother explained and she enrolled me in Elemya Academy to learn to control my powers. 

At that time, I swear to myself to never use this demonic voice of mine ever again.

Time passed and here I am.

"I knew you'd be here." a voice said, inturrupting my thoughts.

I look up to see Leo's face. Who would have thought that a kind and sweet doofus like him would have my voice for me?

"I know now why you like it here so much. You could actually hear a lot here." I say. Yeah, I just talked. I'm no longer afraid.

"Yeah, sitting on this bench and listening you sing everyday is the best." he says, not even the least bit surprised that I just talked.

"It's a shame I can't hear myself singing here if I'm singing at the rooftop." We both laugh.

"May I sit beside you?" he asked. I nod as an answer. Then he sits down.

"I'm sorry." I apologize immediately.

"If your apologizing because you changed the lyrics to the song then please don't. I prefer a happy and cheerful song anyway."

"Not that. I apologize for decieving you all this time. I should have told you sooner."

"Don't mind it. In fact, I was glad to know that it was you all this time."

Eh?

"Ever since I first heard you sing, I fell in love to whoever sang it. I didn't know that it was you that time." he says with such a straight face. 

THU-THUMP!

That was my heart beating loudly. Who would have thought that Leo would say that without being embarrased?

"But then I met you and I got confused with my feelings."

THU-THUMP!

There goes my heart again.

"Ever since I met you, everday seems brighter. Everday during class, I think of you. Every night, I waited anticipatedly, wondering if you would come to the rooftop."

THU-THUMP!

"But when I think of the person singing at the rooftop, I get the same feeling. Everyday after class, I would sit here waiting eagerly for her to sing. So I got confused to who I like more."

THU-THUMP!

Then I realize something at what he said, "Wait. So what you're saying is that you... like me?" I said with my face so red.

"Yeah." he says straight away. "So you don't know how relieved I was knowing that I like the same person after all. I'm really happy to have like you." he smiles.

THU-THUMP!

What should I do? I've been confessed by Leo. Do I feel the same way to him as well?

............

"Uh... May? Why so quiet all of a sudden?" he looks at me with a worried face.

"...wait."

"What?"

"Please stay where you are and wait for me here." I say, looking him straight in the eye.

"Huh?! What are you talking about?" he says baffled.

"Just wait!" Then I run inside to the school building. Don't think wrong. I'm not running away. No longer will I run away from my fears. I'll face them head on.

I climb up the stairs to the rooftop and run to the edge of the rooftop. I see Leo three floors below, looking at me confused. I nearly ran out of breath but I want to properly say it. 

I know now. That words can pierce through your heart. But at the same time, words can also bring happiness to others. That's why we have to be careful with the words we choose. 

The person that made me realize that is Leo and I'll be forever grateful to have learned that lesson from him. That's why I won't hide anymore. I won't have my feelings on mute anymore!

"I LIKE YOU! I AM HAPPY TO HAVE LIKE YOU, TOO! LEO, I REALLY, REALLY... " I pause for a while to catch my breath and scream again, "...REALLY, REALLY LIKE YOU!"

Did it reach you? My voice? My words? My feelings?

I check on Leo's reaction. At first he was just standing there speechless. Then he screams as well, "I REALLY, REALLY LIKE YOU, TOO, MAY!"

Those words alone make me smile. And I'm sure my words also make him smile.

And i don't know what came over me. Is it because I'm just really happy or is it because I just want to go to Leo's side, I don't know. I just jump off at the edge of the roof.

I'm falling three floors up and Leo looks so surprised and flustered that it makes him cute.

Just as I expected, Leo catch me just in time and he's now holding me princess-style. Of course, Leo started nagging, "What are you doing? Are you trying to give me a heart attack? Don't ever do that again!"

I just laugh and say, "Don't worry. Because I know that whenever I fall, you'll always be there to catch me."

Leo blushes, looks away and says, "That's true, but..." To know that Leo will always be there whenever I'm down is enough for me. "Just don't scare me like that again!"

I laugh again and I hug him as an apology. Leo just sighs and laughs as well.

And our peaceful days continued.