Chapter 1

Author's Note: This is a new story of mine. I am thinking OH GOD - about potentially entering this story in a writing competition. So any feedback / thoughts / things you love, things you hate, things that are good or bad - please do let me know!

Please vote & share this story far and wide :) I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Chapter 1

The sweat poured down my back as I stared at the gorgeous lead singer through my camera lens. He grabbed the mic stand and pushed it against his well-built chest as he serenaded the crowd. For a second, I got distracted by his lips but I quickly pulled myself together and continued snapping photos. After all I had a job to do. I focused on the band performing, the music was vibrating through my body as I pushed myself closer to the stage and continued to take photos. I knew that I needed to get a few good close-ups if I was going to get paid. I let my camera drop down and started to scan through the pictures I had just taken, a girl next to me pushed towards me trying to get closer to the stage.

"Watch what you are doing," I snapped at her, holding my camera further away from her swaying arms. I couldn't afford a broken camera right now.

She continued dancing as if she hadn't heard me over the loud music. I looked up as I felt someone's eyes on me. At the other side of the room, barely visible over the dancing crowd stood a tall guy. He was leaning against the wall, his eyes seemed almost illuminated in the dark club. I felt an energy come off him, it was as if my eyes could not tear away from him. His brown hair was trimmed short almost as an army haircut. I felt my skin tingle as I stood pushed up against the stage. I grabbed a hold of the side of the stage, almost feeling my knees buckle. My eyes drank him in, his eyes kept locked at me and they glowed softly. Something about him felt unnatural to me. I felt my breath catch in my throat as a storm of pin needle pricks ran across my skin.

"Did you get those shots?"

The voice broke me out of the moment.

"Yeah," I stuttered.

"So do you want a beer then?" Shaun asked. 

I looked over at the other side of the room, the smouldering stranger had disappeared.

Shaun grabbed hold of my arm and led me through the crowd, towards the bar. The bartender poured us two pints of London pale ale without even asking. He gave me a sly wink as he handed me the glass, having seen me here with my camera countless times before.

"So what's up with you?" Shaun smiled over his pint of beer. I looked him over, he was slim to the point of bony but he had always been good to me. He worked as a promoter, booking bands for a lot of the smaller venues around town and had always been willing to line up photography jobs for me.

"Not much, just trying to get more jobs," I said.

"You know if you wanted to work in one of the nightclubs I could arrange that easily," he countered.

I smiled at his offer, but shook my head.

"You're one stubborn girl," he sighed.

"I'll see you later," I replied and downed my drink.

"See you later. Don't forget to email me those photos."

I rolled my eyes at him and shot him a small smile before leaving.

As I step out onto Shoreditch High Street, I pushed my camera down in my bag and slung it over my shoulder. The lights from the cars driving along twinkled at me in the darkness, as a steady stream of people passed me by. I breathed in the mixed scent of wet concrete, exhaust fumes and the spices from the street food vendors up the road. Looking across the street, my heart almost stopped when I spotted the stranger from the club. He was standing on the opposite pavement, his eyes yet again locked on me. I felt a shiver pass through my body, as I pull my jeans jacket closer around me trying to shake it off. As I pushed the strap of my handbag further up on my shoulder, I tore my eyes away from him. As I started walking I felt like my feet were held down by lead, each step feeling like a struggle. I could feel the pull of his presence, pulling me back towards him. His energy tugged at me, as he moved towards me not giving me even a second to consider what was going on or question if someone could have spiked my drink. The wave of energy rolled over me as he crossed the street. Even though I was trying to walk away from him, I could feel how I was being pulled towards him. His hand grabbed my shoulder and spun me around.