Chapter 4

Author's note: If you are enjoying this story, it would means to much to me if you could VOTE and maybe if you like share it with someone you think would enjoy it?

Thank you all for being so awesome, without your support this story would not be possible <3

Chapter 4

Pain swelled through my body, as my eyes were shut. Even if I wanted to look at the arrow the pain was too overwhelming, I couldn't move let alone open my eyes. I felt the rush as the arrow moved through the air, it was so close to me now. As my body braced itself for the impact, I felt a warm layer of something slide over me and coating my body. The arrow pushed at me, but the layer of warmth around me acted like a shield bouncing the arrow back.

"Cara!" I heard Taylor's voice, he was shouting but it was very distant.

My pulse picked up as I fought to open my eyes. I should have been dead by now. My strength renewed as s surge of energy moved through my body. I pushed my hands against the concrete managing to get up to a sitting position as I opened my eyes and stared into the surprised face of the grey haired man. But his features were not clear, it was as it I was look at him through a net curtain. A small veil of purple energy vibrated in the air between me and my attacker. I looked down and could see how small threads of purple energy were working away at the shadowy chains. They snaked through the chain links, breaking them into pieces. I stared in shock, as one by one scattered around my body. They vanished into thin air as suddenly as they had appeared. I felt the surge of energy rise up within me, for each chain link that disappeared power was returning to my limbs. The pain had completely vanished and I turned around looking at the grey haired man on the other side of the veil. His hand moved as he was reaching into his coat pocket and I sensed the metal ball by its energy before my eyes had even landed on it.

"He'll attack again!" I screamed in complete terror.

Flashes of purple energy shot past me on both sides, attacking him like two vicious snakes. As they collided with him, his body sunk down as he collapsed on the ground. The metal ball in his hand rolled away, across the street. I stared at it, terrified that it would open but I couldn't sense any energy moving within it anymore. A huge weight lifted off me, as the last of the chain links vanished into thin air.

"Cara, are you okay?" Taylor was by my side, his hands grabbing a hold of my two shaking ones.

I felt at a loss for words, I could only nod my head yes as I felt the vibration of energy pass through his hands and into mine. The energy hummed through my body and strangely seemed to comfort me.

"What happened?" I breathed out the words.

Taylor grabbed my hands and pulled me up. I was standing next to him now, for a second I thought about how tall he was but I quickly pushed that thought out of my mind. I looked at him again, as if I was seeing him for the first time. Whatever had just happened, I knew within my core that Taylor had just saved me.

"Looks like someone's put out a hunting order on you," Taylor said.

"A what order?" I asked, I felt the fear creep back into my chest.

Taylor walked over to the grey haired man and rolled him over, studying his face and chest.

"Is he dead?" I asked dumbly.

I had no idea what had happened and what was going on, but it seemed like a valid question. The last thing I needed right now would be to be part in some bizarre murder.

Taylor shook his head, "No, he's not dead. I just stunned him and momentarily drained him of his powers."

"Powers?" I echoed.