Chapter 14

Hello Lovelies :) Sorry for being gone for so long - I have been so busy and I have been travelling for two weeks with little access to email. To make up for it I have posted two new chapters of Magic's Mark and Steel: The Transformation. :) I am also part of the Wattpad Block Party - Summer Edition (more info in my bio) and will be doing a post about some of the inspiration behind Magic's Mark :) So I will let you know when that goes live :)

Chapter 14

"Taylor," I breathed out a sigh of relief. I was so happy that he wasn't one of Aaron's warriors that I forgot that I was angry with him.

"I just came to say that I'm sorry," he grabbed my hand gently.

"Why didn't you tell me that you called Lucas?"

"I wasn't sure he was going to show up," he shrugged.

I was about to argue back and tell him that he was wrong but he stopped me, "Look, you have to understand, I need help holding off Aaron's warriors. If my parents don't accept my oath to you..." his voice died off.

How ungrateful I had been suddenly hit me, "Look I'm sorry. Lucas might not be as bad as he would like people to think."

"Maybe not. Be he still has one goal in mind, you have to remember that," Taylor added.

"Okay," I agreed hesitantly.

"Look I have to go," he released the grip of my hand and with those words he turned around and swiftly walked away.

I walked into the hallway and mulled over the day's events as I headed upstairs when I heard my phone buzz.

I looked down on the text from Tanya, "Lunch tomorrow?"

I texted back, "Sure."

~*~

The terrace of the pub almost felt like a roof terrace, wide hedges closing us in from the street below. I turned my face towards the sun and pulled on my sunglasses.

"It is lovely here isn't it?" Tanya added.

It was our go-to place for lunch, just down the street from The Royal Star but this pub was far nicer with a menu putting it into the gastro pub bracket.

"So what's new with you?" I looked over my sunglasses at her. Since all the madness started I had barely seen her around.

"Not much," she shrugged her shoulders and examined me.

"I like working with Taylor, he's a good guy," she added, a smile playing on her lips.

"So what's going on between the two of you?" she stared at me expectantly, clearly anticipating that I would have a lot to say on the topic.

I took another sip of my ice tea, considering for a moment to eat the last remaining chip on my plate but something distracted me. I could sense his energy before I could see him. This is really getting old.

I saw his blonde hair reflect in the sun as he slipped into a chair on the other side of the terrace.

"I don't know Tanya, nothing's really going on between us," I replied, keeping my eyes peeled on Lucas whilst thanking my lucky star that I was wearing dark sunglasses.

"Oh really?" surprise was mixed with something else in her voice. 

I was too distracted to dissect her reply and try to read her emotions like a good girlfriend should. My hand rifled through my handbag, grabbing my phone and my purse.