Chapter 7

The energy subsided and I found myself staring over at Taylor and Lucas, who were silently throwing cold gazes of daggers at each other.

I cleared my throat slightly, "What was that?"

I looked over at Taylor, waiting for him to explain but Lucas cut in, "I'll tell you what that was. Taylor here, decided to swear his oath of loyalty to you. That is completely unprecedented."

He threw another angry glance at Taylor.

"As a Grimstaw I can do what I want," Taylor countered.

"What does that even mean?" I felt myself become more confused by the second.

"It means that he is not a normal Rogue running away from swearing the oath. He is part of one of the royal families which makes this even worse," Lucas groaned.

"Well, he's sworn your stupid oath. So he doesn't have to die anymore," I stared angrily over at Lucas. He was annoying me more by the second and I wanted to leave. I had had enough crazy for one day.

"Technically he is no longer a Rogue," Lucas admitted, it looks like the words actually caused him pain as they passed his lips. He pushed a lock of his blonde hair away from his forehead.

Taylor stepped closer to me, letting a small purple spark of his index finger trace over my lower arm closing up the wound as he went. I stared down as he erased any indication of the injury.

"How is this even possible?" I breathed.

His dark eyes met mine, a smile was playing in them, "Cara now that you have a warrior bound to you by our most sacred oath you should really learn a little bit more about magic."

"What is happening?" Lucas shouted out in a shrill tone. He was pulling up the torn sleeve of his left arm and staring down at the soft pink skin. As my wound had been erased by Taylor's magic as if Lucas wound was a mirror of mine, it was now disappearing from his arm at the same pace. My eyes locked at Lucas arm, I thought I had seen enough unbelievable things but this certainly topped the list – at least for now.

Taylor gently pulled down the sleeve of my cardigan, "All better now."

I stayed silent for a moment before he tugged at my sleeve, "Let's go."

I was just about to make a move to leave, when Lucas spoke up, "Not so fast. Cara, I need to speak to you."

I turned and face him, his cool blue eyes met mine. I made no move towards him.

"Without him," Lucas said and threw a glare in Taylor's direction.

I could feel Taylor stiffen by my side and the expression on Lucas face told me we were about to experience another boy-ish stand off unless I did something.

"Fine," I rolled my eyes and walked over towards him.

Lucas adjusted his slightly scuffed up suit and started walking, I fell in step with him and we walked a bit further down the alleyway. Lucas gracefully motioned with his hand towards the wall next a dumpster, such a sophisticated gesture given the surroundings.

I leant my back against the brick wall and stared defiantly at Lucas. If he wanted to talk to me, he was going to have to do all the heavy lifting.

"So..." he started, his voice a lot softer and almost hesitant now that it was just the two of us.

I stared back at him, trying to keep my facial features natural. I had to remind myself that I didn't know anything about him, apart from the fact that he disliked Taylor and took this whole oath swearing business really seriously.