Evelyn "Quickdraw"

"Excuse me miss," Conner began, holding his hands up in surrender, "believe me, you don't want to kill us. We're quite nice once you get to know us."

The girl chuckled quietly.

"You've got two minutes to tell me your names," she said. Ezra considered making up a name on the fly, but the girl was two steps ahead of him.

"Real names if you please," she said.

"I'm Conner, and this is Ezra and Chopper," Conner said. Ezra rolled his eyes. No wonder he had gotten captured by the Inquisitor so easily.

"I'm guessing you're not friends of the Empire's?" the girl asked.

"Why?" Ezra asked, hoping to figure out if she was or not. Bounty hunters usually didn't get along with the Empire, but occasionally they were known to work together.

"Stop avoiding the questions. Your chances of living are only getting smaller," she commanded. Once again, Conner took the initiative to keep them alive.

"The Empire just blew up our ship," he said.

"Enemies then," the girl decided. "Then I'm sure you've met the onetime Luam Htrad?"

"He tried to kill me," Ezra said. He felt the cold metal vanish as the girl stepped back. He turned around and backed away until he was standing beside Conner.

The girl was human, with shoulder length cinnamon hair. She had hazel eyes and was wearing modified snowtrooper armor, minus the helmet. Instead of the uniform white it had been dyed various shades of brown. The outline of a 434 DeathHammer Blaster Pistol had been painted on the lower right corner of the fabric on the stormtrooper armor. The outline matched the real DeathHammer Blaster Pistol that the girl was holding.

"It's a shame that he ran off," the girl said, more to herself than anyone else. "I'll have to start tracking him all over again. All because those four blundering idiots got themselves caught . . ."

"Was one of them a Lasat?" Ezra asked with a sinking feeling in his stomach.

"Yeah, big furry guy. And a Twi'lek, and two humans. I've been working towards finally catching him for weeks now," the girl complained.

"Those are our friends," Conner said. "We need to go rescue them." The girl laughed.

"And I suppose you want me to take you three on my ship?" she asked. "Sorry, not gonna happen. I need to get back on the trail."

"Why do you want to hunt down Luam Htrad so bad anyway?" Ezra asked. "Some sort of bounty?"

"For your information, this is a personal matter," the girl said. "And secondly, his real name isn't Luam Htrad. He's just been brainwashed to think that. His actual name is Darth Maul, and he's a Sith."

"I figured out he was a Sith myself," Ezra muttered. The girl ignored him.

"He was a powerful Sith in the days before the clone wars really began," she continued. "How he's lived this long is beyond me, but I've got an old score to settle. So if you'll excuse me, I must be going."

"Can't you take us on your ship?" Conner asked. "You can drop us off at the nearest inhabited planet."

The girl looked the group over. She glanced at the sky and at the burning remains of the Ghost.

"If you come on board the Windcast, you'll be under my command," the girl said. "You will do anything and everything I say, when I say it. And you will be considered my prisoners until I can get rid of you. Including the droid."

"Deal," Conner said in relief.

"I don't want to be a prisoner!" Ezra protested. The girl grinned.

"Yeah well, you have no choice in the matter. Come on," she said, leading the way across the stony ground.

"You never even told us your name!" Ezra called after her in annoyance.

"Evelyn 'Quickdraw'!" she called back. "But it's Captain Evelyn to you!"

"She's going to keep rubbing this in our faces, isn't she?" Ezra said to Conner.

"At least we have a pilot," Conner pointed out. "Cheer up! We're one step closer to finding the others, and one step closer to finding Kimble! As long as she doesn't do something stupid first."

"And as long as this girl doesn't decide to kill us," Ezra added.

"Captain Evelyn!" Evelyn shouted back. Ezra groaned. It was going to be a long flight.