Chapter Thirty One.

Liam and Harry left the locker room just as the football team was entering for practice after school. They found Aubry outside the school waiting in the shade provided by the school near the front doors, but who she was accompanied by was unexpected.

"That was the longest shower ever," he commented, bringing Harry's attention to him as he stood beside Aubry.

He gave Louis a confused look. "What are you doing here?"

Louis had stopped attending their school months before, after the whole coming out thing went down and he was kicked out of his mother's home.

"I decided to be a good friend and pick her up from school, but apparently she's already booked a ride so I'm not needed," Louis explained, Harry and Liam coming to stand with them near the wall.

Aubry's hand patted his shoulder, "It's the thought that counts."

"You needed company while they showered, anyway," Louis said, bringing back his teasing tone. "I know the view is nice in there boys, but please. Control yourselves."

Harry chuckled uncomfortably, "It's not like that," just as Liam decided to rat him out.

"Harry's shy and waited until everyone left." He discreetly jabbed Liam in the side with his elbow, making him mumble, "Ow," and rub at the sore spot.

"Seems like something he'd do," Aubry admitted.

"I'm right here," Harry said. "Stop talking about me like I'm not."

"He's sassier than I remember," Louis chimed in, continuing to speak as if he wasn't around.

"He got comfortable," Liam explained. "He's sassy deep down inside."

Harry rolled his eyes and leaned his back against the brick wall of the school, a few girls busting out of the doors of the school and the chitter chatter they exchanged muffled out the voice of Aubry as she spoke up, "That makes two of us."

"Three," Louis corrected.

"Four," Harry added in, ticking his head in the direction Liam stood to indicate who the fourth one was.

The doors clanged as they were shoved open again, the sound meshed with the light laughter shared among the group as Liam shrugged, silently admitting it was true.

The lighthearted moment was interrupted when the shoulder of the boy who'd just exited the school harshly bumped into Louis, causing him to stumble as he disdainfully spit the word, "Faggot."

"Cunt," Louis griped, shoving the boy by his shoulder so he had no choice but to step back.

His face flushed red in anger, wiping off his jacket where Louis' hands had made contact. "Don't touch me, queer."

"Is that too gay?" Louis challenged, eyeing him up and down like scum, much like the boy was doing to Louis himself. "Sorry, I like mine with a little less dick in his attitude and a lot more in his pants."

His face scrunched up, "You're fucking disgusting."

Louis laughed, but there was no humor in it. It was an ironic laugh, one that accompanied a disbelieving smile and he shook his head. "You sound just like my mother. Did she send you? Tell her I know she hates my gayness, but I still love her."

He shifted on his feet, getting uncomfortable.

"Get the fuck out of here, twat," Louis dismissed, his facial expression hardening to a glare once again. "Mind your own fucking business next time."

"Hopefully there won't be a next time," he returned. "Can't wait for your sorry ass to catch AIDs," he spat at Louis' feet and began to walk away with his middle finger in the air, "Go to hell, cocksucker!"