Chapter Sixty.

Gym class had just come to an end, with the final bell of the day ringing over the loud speakers to signal the end of school. The dodgeball held in Harry's hands was dropped to the floor, and his chest bumped against one of the members of the opposing team. Harry had gotten him out multiple times, and the boy's voice was menacing. "Next time, you're my target."

Harry pushed him away, chuckling as a way to attempt to brush off the threat. Jared's stature was several inches taller than Harry's, and Harry wasn't exactly short himself. "You're so tall you're the easiest one to hit."

The way Jared's hand shoved Harry's head to the side made his teasing smile fall and recognize he wasn't kidding. Then he realized he was playing in an all boys gym class where every student wanted to be the best. Harry glanced over his shoulder as the abnormally tall kid headed toward the locker room, and it settled in his mind he may have just created a gym class enemy. He stepped backward, a loose dodgeball bumping into the back of his shoe.

As everyone filed into the locker room to change, Harry trailed behind. Lockers clambered when he stepped through the door, and he crossed over to his own to settle on the bench situated in front of it. He fiddled with the combination lock.

When the back of his head was shoved forward, he nearly turned around and cussed Jared out, but the sight of Liam settling down beside him in his peripheral vision stopped him. It was only Liam being playful. "Guess what."

Harry's bag of clothes were pulled from his locker, the sound of it's rustling meshed with his voice. "What?"

"Two days until our first date," Liam smiled. A cluster of balled up clothes were already clenched in his arms.

The one with the curls snorted, "Do I have to buy you flowers too?"

As far as both their parents knew, Liam and Harry were going to prom together as friends. It was a perfect coverup for both of them to get a chance to attend with the people they truly wanted to go with, but without the hassle of being nagged about it. Liam got to go with Grace, and Harry had Aubry.

"You're gonna buy her flowers?"

Harry's head tilted to the side, "I'm not sure. She doesn't seem like the type that wants flowers."

Liam shook his head. "She's kinda outdoorsy, she might like it."

"Maybe she likes flowers," Harry thought aloud. "But the question is, does she like flowers from me? Probably not."

His shoulder was patted, "Get her flowers, dude."

Liam's presence disappeared from beside him to go change, and Harry took his clothes into the private stalls in the back of the room to do the same, but by himself. He emerged wearing a fresh pair of jeans and a button down shirt, while the locker room was slowly beginning to empty. The remainder of his things were grabbed from his locker, and his gym shoes were tossed in and he locked it back up.

His arm was gripped onto as he headed toward the door, causing him to jerk backward and halt. The looming presence of Jared made him feel uneasy, especially with the tight grip he had on his arm. He looked up to his face, seeming miles taller than he usually was. His hair was wet from a shower, though Harry wasn't exactly sure why. There was no way he'd gotten very sweaty from spending the majority of class sitting along the sidelines.

"Sorry, I get competitive," he stated. "But I'm still going to kick your ass next time."

An apology? Kind of. Harry wasn't sure of what he should say. "Okay."

Harry attempted to step away, tugging his arm back into his possession and Jared let him go. The final few steps toward the door were taken, and the locker room door was pulled open and he exited. As soon as he did, he noticed the girl's lacrosse team filing into the opposite locker room one by one.