Chapter Forty Six.

Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang...

Harry jerked awake from his slumber, crashing sounds echoing throughout the house until it was replaced with the rolling sound of luggage wheels against tile. Morning time had come around quickly after staying up past three a.m. with Liam. They'd fallen asleep in the living room watching a movie, which proved to be a mistake as another round of luggage crashing down the staircase assaulted his eardrums. Liam groaned out of annoyance as Harry struggled to keep his eyes open to read the clock on the wall.

Seven o'clock in the morning.

His back was sore from sleeping on the floor as he stretched his long body out along the carpet, his vertebrae cracking from between his shoulder blades to his pelvis. A sigh of relief passed his lips and the banging ceased. Harry sat up, seeing Liam sprawled out on the couch, arm dangling over the edge and head shoved under a decorative pillow to shield himself from the too-bright morning sunlight and the inconsiderate sounds of suitcases being thrown down the stairs. He was somehow already unconscious again.

Perching himself on his knees, Harry wiped at his tired eyes and made the decision to go up to his room to finish sleeping. The carpet no longer enticed him into believing it may be a comfy bed, and dad's recliner sitting in the sun wasn't quite appealing either.

It turned out to be Parker making the unnecessary amount of noise, which Harry discovered as he passed by him and the bags in the foyer. "If there's dents in the wood on the stairs, I hope you know I'm sending my parents after you specifically."

"Mommy and daddy can't fight all your battles, bud." Harry pushed a duffle bag out of the way with his foot, the contents inside shuffling around. "Grow up."

His words flipped a switch inside Harry, a rush of anger releasing throughout his body. He refused to act upon it, and instead, he began climbing the stairs while muttering, "Try to stick it in one hole next time and I'll think about it."

Gemma was in the bathroom as he passed by, looking in the mirror as she tied her hair up. He hardly bothered looking in her direction until she called after him, peeking her head through the doorway. "We talked about it, please don't hold a grudge." He shuffled on his feet from side to side, clueless to what she was referencing. "The cheating thing, don't start problems."

Harry simply shook his head and turned around to continue on to his room, "Whatever." One thing Harry knew he could never get over is cheating, in any of his own relationships or if it wound up with his sister getting hurt. The idea alone was disgusting to him, something he'd never be capable of doing himself and something he hoped no one was capable of doing to him because he'd never be able to forgive. Clearly, his sister was not the same.

"Don't be like that." Her voice echoed though the hallway, the words exactly something their mother would say. God, was she like her mom.

He turned back around, "I'm not being like anything, I'm going to bed."

A quirked eyebrow challenged his statement.

He resigned. "Have fun in Vegas, don't be stupid."

Harry once again turned around to finish his journey to his bedroom, opening up his door while Gemma called to him in a chirpy tone, "I love you!"

He answered, "Love you, too," back and closed the door behind him, blocking out any chances of her making fun of him for admitting that he didn't actually totally hate his sister. In fact, he didn't hate her at all. She was simply the person that knew how to get under his skin better than anybody else.

His shirt dropped to the floor just before he crashed his body on top of the bed sheets, relishing in the cold blankets against his bare skin.

It had felt like minutes had gone by when Liam plopped down on the edge of his bed to startle him awake, the second rude awakening he'd gotten that morning. He had Harry's phone in hand, "Aubry messaged you and asked if it's cool if Louis and the other one go."