Chapter Twenty-Five - Changes

Chapter twenty-five – Changes

~~

Slowly, our lips separate from one another's, as our gazes meet. Michael's lips are slightly parted to breathe now; his eyes half-lidded as he looks down on me. He licks his upper lip, remaining completely silent like I am, but then he decides to speak.

"Thank you ... for being my girl, Citria," he murmurs lowly, obviously not wanting to break the peaceful atmosphere around us. "Really ... "

My head shakes, almost brushing the subject off. "Why are you thanking me for something I wanted?" I question, before entering his embrace, resting my head on his chest. "Because I wanted it just as much as you did, Michael."

He slowly rocks me in his arms, to the tune of the music that's playing. "Because it's such a blessing that we both feel the same. Such a blessing."

My eyes close, whilst I inhale deeply, taking in his scent. His body is pressed lightly against mine, meaning I can feel the warmth of his presence all over me, and ... it feels good. It feels right. It feels perfect. I could stay like this forever.

We continue to dance to the music that's playing, careful not to trip or fall because we're on roller skates. Every so often, Michael leans down to kiss my forehead; just a gesture to let me know how much he cares for me. When I'm lucky, the kiss even lands on my lips, instead. This night couldn't really go any better, to be honest.

"Okay guys and girls, the roller disco will be closing in ten minutes! We're gonna play one final song for you to dance to, then that's it for the night!"

The sound of the DJ making the announcement cuts my thoughts in half, bringing me back to real life a little. The night is almost over; soon, we won't be here, but I want to stay here forever. Michael seems to be coping with his fear of being around other people really well – it was a big step coming here tonight, just to make me happy.

A final song plays; it's a fast one that has a killer beat and a catchy tune. Soon, everyone in the roller disco is dancing, and skating around, squealing and laughing in excitement. Michael and I start skating around to follow the crowd, because we don't want to be the only people not moving.

"Just tell me if I'm going too fast," Michael tells me. My hand is in his, and he's leading us, whilst I'm following. He's truly a skilful skater, despite having not done this since his younger years. "Remember to tell me Citria, okay?"

"Sure." I smile at him as he briefly looks my way, returning the smile.

He continues to lead me around the disco, cautious not to bump into anyone or fall down. Soon, the song ends, so Michael comes to a stop, helping me to stop by pressing his hands gently against my shoulders.

He leans forward and plants a soft kiss on my lips, "I hope you enjoyed tonight. I certainly did."

A warm, mellow smile forms on my face. "I enjoyed every second of it ... and it's all because of you. Thank you, Michael."

He takes my hand, leading me towards the changing rooms so we can change back into our normal shoes. Once we've finished, we start making our way back home together.

I'm still finding it hard to believe that Michael and I are officially together, now. We've been friends for well over a month, and I thought we would remain that way. Obviously, my thoughts were wrong, but I'm not complaining about that at all. I'm so happy that we're a couple, now.

It takes some time to get home, but once we're back, we enter the house together. Before we can get into the living room, I hold Michael back, stopping him rather abruptly. He turns around to look at me, seeming to know that I want to say something to him.