Chapter six: Thank You

DISCLAIMER I DON'T OWN THE MAZE RUNNER OR ANY OF IT'S CHARACTERS!

VICTORCHILD03 XX
================================

"Thank you by the way I shouldn't have listened to Alby I'm such an idiot" I say looking down at my boots as newt and I make our way to the gathering place, i felt like an idiot because of what happend I new that something was gonna happen but I should have ran when I could back to newt manly because the boys seem to not ever go against what he or Alby say, "don't call your self an idiot lizzie you were just curious that's all any way it's partly Alby's fault if he partly new that was gonna happen he shouldn't have sent you out to see what would have happened he could have just told you I'm really sorry lizzie that I didn't stop them early but Alby told me you had to see what would happen" he said stopping and turning to face me, his eyes showed how sad he was even if he tried to hide his sadness.

I decide to try and change the subject see if I can get his mind off of what had happened, "so what do you do here?" I ask looking around the whole place spotting each boy that glanced over at us once in a while, " Im second in command and I'm a runner" he finally said looking at the direction of the special map room that he had shown to me, " what is a runner?" I ask looking at the maze walls "you ask a lot of question's don't you" he answers chuckling making me feel as if I'd done something to make him feel better, "well like you said I'm curious now will you please answer my questions I'm so tired I could fall asleep just by standing here doing nothing" I exclaim trying my hardest not to show I'm tired but this causes him to laugh, "if you want to you don't have hear the new rules that we're gonna make for the boys its nothing that really involves you being there you can go to bed now greenie" he staring at my tired figure in which I give in to by nodding my head my body being to exhausted from all the mayhem that's been going on this evening.

We then change direction and head straight for the homesteed where the keepers live and where I would be living for now on.

"So this is mine and your room" he says as we enter the room on the highest floor of the building, the room wasn't that big it could fit three people sleeping in here even though it had one hammock, a small chest, some shelves and a window looking out towards the maze doors and over part of the glade. "You can have the hammock I can use my old sleeping bag and sleep on the floor if that's okay with you?" He said as i walk over towards the window, Im starting to feel like a burden towards newt, he's giving up his bed for me, making new rules from the sounds of it because of me, he's even been stopping the other boys from making me feel to uncomfortable and what have I done to thank him apart from saying 'thank you' earlier to him. "No!" I say turning round to face him, "this is your room and...and... I'll have the sleeping bag!" I say with a sudden out burst of energy.
"No no I don't care, you have the hammock anyway I won't be back for at least two or three hours if we have as much arguing as usual" newt says pulling me away from the window, "now get some shut eye you've got a busy day tomorrow once we choose what job your gonna be doing" he said making his way out of the room.

"Good night newt"