Chapter eleven: Nightmares and Running

It's been several week since I arrived and not much has happened apart from me asking Newt and Minho whether or not I could be a runner, "I think it's a brilliant idea greenie we should make her a runner!" Minho says nodding in approval, Newt on the other hand looked lost at what I was asking "we would have to ask Alby and the other keepers of course but everyone here pretty much adores you so I don't see much of a problem" Minho replies again looking over at Newts lost express. "Look Newt if it makes you happy if she does become a runner she can train and run with you if that makes you feel easier with your girlfriend becoming a runner!" He says directly towards Newt, "it's your call you are keeper of the runners" Newt finally says to him looking solemnly down at the ground "And for the record she/he is not my girlfriend/boyfriend!" We say in sink towards Minho both blushing furiously as he bursts out laughing, "you should see your selfs your so cute together!!!!" He chocked out clutching his sides in laughter. I was wondering whether or not he would ask me to be his girlfriend after what happened at the bonfire but yet again there's no way in hell that the other gladers are ever gonna stop teasing us about happend.

But today's the day though it's been an hour that they've been having he gathering now every so often I could hear either Newts or Minhos raised voices shouting out why I should be a runner or what ever. "Hey greenie!" Ben says cheerily slumping down beside me "have you heard all the racet and all over "one little greenie!" He says sarcastically as the other keepers can be heard discussing. "Why can't they just say I'm a runner then they wouldn't have all this arguing" I say shaking my head in disappointment as Ben chuckles at my comment "they sounded similar the first night you were here but even then I'm surprised you could sleep over them and the sound of the maze changing" he says looking at me, "well Newt says I'm a heavy sleeper twice Minho has had to try and wake me up!" I say giggle ring at the thought of the two runners having to try and wake me. "What do you dream of at night? I mean you must be having some scary shucking dreams if you scream like that at night!" He says looking at me worriedly, "I'll tell you if you promise not to tell anyone else, the only other person who've I've told is Newt okay?!" I say staring him dead in the eyes, "I promise as your best friend I promise not to tell a soul for as long as I live!" He say with a serious look on his face.

"It's the same dream every night I'm in a room and a man and a boy around Newts age comes in his names Thomas, I first saw this when I was in the box, I'm being told to say good bye I don't understand but we're both crying he's telling me to be careful when I get in where ever I'm ment to be going, he mentions Alby and Minhos names saying how I shouldn't let those shanks that are there bully me and how those two would look after me and then I'm saying how even though I might be slightly younger I'm still faster and stronger than all of them put together, that's when I'm being dragged away from him screaming for him shouting 'NO' 'NO, please Thomas NO' and that's were I wake up, its the final moments of my past life that I spent with my brother before they took my memories away" I speak sadly looking down at the ground tears running down my cheeks as Newt, Minho and Gally come walking at of the gathering I ran over to Newt seeking comfort by burying my head into his chest trying desperately not to let them see me cry.

"Hey, hey, hey what happened love?" He asks pulling me into a stronger embrace as he runs his fingers through my darkening mop of hair, Ben sprinting up towards where we are "Newt I'm so sorry I shouldn't have asked her I just didn't now that she would cry about it it's just..." Ben said running his hand through his hair looking desperately at me. "What did you to tell him love?" Newt quietly and calmly asked lifting my chin up to look at me properly, "I told him about my memory and why it's always the reason why I don't want to wake in the mornings because I never go straight back to sleep just so I don't have see my memory again.." I answer quietly so only he can hear me. He gently wipes awake the few tears that I cried and moved a piece of my brunette hair back behind my ear, "you wanna know something love?" He asks looking me in eyes, I nod as he continues to tell me "at least I get spend all day with you and get to look after you more now" he says grinning madly as I process what he's just told me. "Does this mean I get to run in the maze with you guys?" I ask turning to face Minho who smiling from ear to ear. "YES!!!!!!! WOW I get to be a runner!!!" I cheer skipping round the group as they collapse onto the floor in a laughing fit, I take the opportunity to run and thank Alby.

"Alby, Alby thank you thank you!" I say jumping up and down on the spot, "yeah, yeah well your a shucking fast shank and the runners could use another fast runner to run the maze just be careful of the grievers or else we're gonna be crossing your name out on the wall" he said looking at my excited figure.

Finally I have a purpose here in this place of hell!!!

#################################Hey everyone sorry about Mondays update i updated on Saturday I was far to excited (and proud) about publishing the Chapter.

Victorchild03xx