10. Not You

Why is dating so stressful? UGH!

Oh, right, I guess I should tell you I GOT A DATE!!! Yes, me... all on my own. So there was this event Scott went to last night which left me and the girls to do as we pleased and Esther got us invited to this really nice party. It was amazing (AKA there were tons of gorgeous men everywhere... and the accents ... KILL ME.).

Long story short I used my charms to reel in a gorgeous man.. Yes... ME! We talked all night and not once did he mention Scott. BONUS POINTS. His name is Nyle and he's tall with dark hair and these blue eyes that are KILLER. (I swear they don't remind me of anyone else's. SWEAR) Mama is excited.

But damn, there's so many decisions. I think I tried on 30 different outfits before I found 'the one' and my hair is just being a disaster. That ONE piece of hair does NOT want to cooperate. Why must it hate me so?.

Now where is my concealer?

"I'm here for a good time, not a long time, you know I... I haven't had a good time in a long time you know I... I'm wayy up I feel blessed. I'm way up I feel blessed."

"Dammmmn boy, are you sure you're not the grammy winner?" 

I look up in the mirror to see Scott standing in the doorway with a smile. I sing when I'm nervous... and usually when I'm alone but whatever. Scott likes to turn every song into a broadway song and it's just something we do sometimes. We have a lot of quirks.

Actually, I'm surprised to see him around. I know he's got a thing with Cameron tonight and I figured he'd be gone already, in fact I didn't even hear him come in.

"Ha ha. Aren't you supposed to be meeting Cameron in like 5 minutes?"

He shrugs and moves into the spacious bathroom and hops up onto the counter to my right.

"What are you getting all dressed up for? You look amazing by the way."

"Why thank you and if you must know you aren't the only one with a date tonight."

I expect a snarky comeback but he's suddenly silent.

"You didn't tell me you met someone?"

"It just didn't come up." 

"Do I know him?"

Oh here we go. 50 questions like he's my mom. I know he cares, but I'm not really his little brother. He doesn't have to worry about me all the time.

"No, I don't think so. I met him last night."

"Wait, you just met him and you're going out alone with him?"

"Um... yeah that's usually how dates work?"

"Are you sure that's a good idea? Where are you going? You're going to be in public right?"

Seriously? Does he hear himself right now? I finish double checking that my makeup looks invisible and then I give him a look

"Scott, I'm a grown man. I promise I'll be fine."

"Maybe me and Cameron should come with you... like a double. Just to be safe."

Oh yeah, that's EXACTLY what I want to spend my night doing, watching Cameron make googly eyes at you ...   and watching you kiss someone else. No thank you.

"Seriously? No... I think we'll be fine."

"And are you sure you want to start something with someone who lives in Nashville? I mean we live in LA. Long distance relationships rarely work and they're really hard."