◇3◇

Jayde
Since Derek slept over for the night, I woke up a little earlier than usual to make us both breafast.

I sat down at the kitchen island and thought about what I wanted to eat. Hm maybe an omelet. I got out eggs and vegetables along with salt and black pepper.

I got out a cutting board and a knife. I began to cut up onions my mind drifting away to what Derek told me last night.

(Flashback)
"Derek just let it out and tell me what happened. I promise I won't laugh" he's been here for a half an hour and won't tell me why the date was so bad.

"It's not that I think you will laugh. I know you'll laugh but it was just awful and I never want to go on another date ever."

"Did she try to kill you or steal your wallet and run? Because you're making it sound like it was the worst thing to ever happen to you. You're in highschool and the year is almost over. You can't just stop dating here, it's not gonna get easier"

"That totally makes me feel better"

I pushed him over and he laughs. "Hey! What about you? You haven't been out on a date since January"

I turned my head to look at him "And?"
"It's March" He replies. "Don't worry about me baby boy. I'll come around to getting back in the dating life soon."

I have been looking. People just don't notice.
(Flashback Over)
I stopped my self looking down to see that the onion was fully chopped already and I was very close to cutting my finger.

"That's enough of that for today" I pushed the knife aside and turned on the stove before whisking the eggs.

"Smells good down here bestie" Derek walks down the stairs and sat in the livingroom turning the tv on to Spongebob.

"Do you really have to watch that"

"Why you gotta complain? You know you love it"

"No I don't. Here" I put his plate down and sat down on the couch grabbing the remote.

"I would starve without you" "You still have a mother that cooks for you" right when I said mother mine walked in the door.

"Hey mom. Nice to have you home"
She smiled at me and walked around the back of the couch and gave both me and Derek a tight hug.

"Hi my babies. I'm home for the week so don't give me any trouble. Derek don't you have your own home?"

"I spent the night. And i know you love having me here,,  I'm a better child than her"

I hit him across the arm. "I swear you two act like a couple" I looked down as Derek looked away "No we don't, Mother"

"Okay. Whatever you say. I'll be upstairs."

"So care to tell me how lastnight went. You've been killing me with all this waiting"

"Fine so it started off fine but then it all just went down hill from there"

I'm so happy I updated. Yayy.
Sorry for any grammar or spelling errors.