◇19◇

Derek
We finally got to the hotel along with her parents. They saw us walking inside since we told we got there.

They told us to get checked in and meet them outside for lunch. "Hey I'm gonna go freshen up. I'll be right back" Jayde has been really distant and not like herself since we were in the car.

She would avoid eye contact and she only did that when she was hiding something.

I shrugged it off and opened the door to go outside.
"So, I bet it was difficult driving down here with her huh?" I laughed and shook my head no. "It was actually good." I had a question I needed to ask them but I couldn't get it out.

"So what's on your mind?" I looked up from my lap and her mom had that same look on her face. The same look that cracked all of our secrets.

"Nothing." I said but I knew that wouldn't help.

"Come on were all family here"

"Well"

Jayde
I pulled up the blue sundress and strapped up my wedges. I made sure my hair was still curled perfectly before heading out the door.

Once I got downstairs I spotted my mom who had a big smile on her and she was holding Derek's face in hands.

"Hey guys what going on?" When they all looked at me Derek had a strange look on his face.

It's almost the type of look I give the waitress when I finally see my food coming.

I sat next to him my hands by my side not touching him at all. "Why do you all look like you have something to tell me. What is it?"

No one said anything to me and I just let it go thinking it wasn't that important.

As I go up to follow my parents out to the car Derek got up and held my hand. I felt a tingling feeling run up my arm and I smiled at him.

"I have a surprise for you later tonight. I think you'll really love it"

"There's nothing from you that I won't love" I kissed his cheek and I could see a faint blush on his cheeks. How is he so cute?

My parents left us to walk around town while they went out on their own.

If there was a thing that I liked, Derek bought it. Wherever I wanted to eat, he was the one who wanted to pay for it. As I was trying on clothes in any dressing room he insisted that I looked good in everything I tried on.

He held my hand as we walked down the street and no matter how many times he got texts or calls he always put his phone away, not paying attention to it.

I really wanted to do something special for him but I just....didn't know what to do.

I'm horrible at things like this and if I do try I would mess up everything we had.

Thank you to you guys ho commented I read all of them and I have picked my favorite. It will soon be revealed in a chapter. What do you think the surprise is?