Chapter Two: Chloe

"Great match, Rollins. You really made me believe in the shield," I joke as I walk up to him. He'd texted me before his match telling me to meet him by his rental car before the main event was over. He turns smirking at me, wearing dark blue jeans, a tan quarter sleeve v- neck and tan Sperrys, as he envelopes me into a hug. "I don't know if you're mocking me or if that's a real compliment." Gasping I place my hand in my chest, "Why, Colby Lopez, I have never ever been so insulted to in my life. How dare you?" "I don't dare. I pick truth." We both burst into laughter then he walks me over to the passenger door and opens it for me. After securing me inside, he jogs to the driver side and we're off to some secret destination of his. "Where are we going?" "Get a bite to eat. Le, Jon and I went to Vera Cruz yesterday when we got here and their food was pretty good." "Sounds like Mexican food. Are you up to something?" I ask pinching his arm making him laugh. "Not at all. I just know how much a certain someone loves Mexican food if I remember correctly." "Right," I laugh watching him slightly, "So, is there dancing at this restaurant?" There's a slight silence; I can see his face twitching as he tries to stifle his smile. This is why I enjoy spending time with him he always keeps me in such good spirits. "On the occasion." "What's the occasion?" He laughs knowing that he's caught, "Um, night time." Rolling my eyes, I turn the air down to busy myself from looking at Colby; I've always had this weird thing with staring at him ever since I met him when he joined NXT. He's never said anything about it though, at least not to me. "You remember what happen last time we danced, Lopez," I warn him. "Hmm, I could never forget that night. One of my favorite nights with you," he grabs my hand from my lap and brings it to his lips to kiss. My face flushes and I'm so thankful it's dark in the car. Moments later, we pull up to the very lively Vera Cruz; there's lights outside on the patio of the restaurant but I can tell its dim on the inside with music playing loudly through their speakers.

"Oh my gosh, I've never danced so much in my life," squealing I jump into his arms hugging him tightly. He laughs as he squeezes me back not putting me down. "I take it you enjoyed yourself." "I more than enjoyed myself, Colby. You always show me such a good time. Thank you." He sits me down and stares down at me; raising his hand he pushes a few stray strands of hair from my face. "No, Chloe, thank you. If you hadn't agreed to come out with me I would've been stuck in the room with Jon and Le, listening to their random conversations. I may have enjoyed myself more than you did." Before I can respond to his admission, his lips find mine I grab his arms tightly to balance myself. He moves us until I can feel the coolness of the car against my exposed back below my Black crop top; I shiver either because of the car or Colby. Though pretty sure it's the latter. Finally pulling away he rests his forehead against mine, we rub our noses together. "You just might be the only guy that can tolerate Eskimo kisses." I laugh but he doesn't, he barely cracks a smile and I already know where this is going. "I hate sneaking around with you like we're kids. I love being around you and the fun we have but I hate that I have to lie about why I'm so happy." "Colby, I know you hate it. I hate it, too. But my family just doesn't understand. They think they're protecting me. They have always been like this way before you and I even met. I'm the baby girl, its only natural that they try to protect me." I try to reason with him but I'm getting slightly upset that I'm not allowed by family's wishes to date whomever I choose. He sighs, "I know that. Trust me, I hear the conversation ps Le and Jon have about what they'd do if you disobeyed your family's wishes and if someone they work with broke your heart. I just wish they would let that go and let you be with who you want to be with, ya know?" I nod, wrapping my arms tighter around his neck which pulled him a little closer than he already was and place a kiss on his collar bone. His hands roam over my back before settling in the back pocket of my jeans. "You ready to head back, Chlo?" "If you're ready then so am I." "I don't wanna let you go," he murmurs while burying his head in my neck. "Then how will you drive us back to the hotel?" His laugh vibrates against my neck, I'm so glad he's happy again. "I mean I don't want our time to end tonight, silly. I mean I wanna spend more time with you." "Well, Ariane is going to be with Trin tonight so they can practice. So you can spend the night if you want." He slaps my butt making me giggle and brings his face back up showing me his smile. "Why didn't you tell me that from the beginning?" "I wanted to see you squirm," I joke. He pulls me away from the car gently, opens the door for me then helps me once again.