Chapter Five: Colby

Sitting in the middle of the ring I'm doubling over in pain, in the past fifteen minutes I've had my ribs stomped on by Jon, kicked in the chest by both Jon and Josh and elbowed in the mouth by Josh among other things. This is how the match was supposed to go but I wasn't supposed to be in this much pain. After this next kick Jon is supposed to pin me only to be knocked off by Le and then I'd roll him up into a pin for the win and I'm hoping Le does what he's supposed to so I can be done with this match. Jon sets me up on my knees near the middle of the ring for the kick but before he does Chloe's music starts shocking us all. This is not in the script at all, I told her not to come out here. I groan inwardly. Chloe, Kaitlyn and Trinity came running down the ramp and slide into the ring. Trinity goes straight for Le who's standing on the apron and drop kicks him onto the floor; Kaitlyn does the same to Josh which leaves Jon, Chloe and I in the ring. Groaning, I slide back to the corner out of the way and watch Chloe and Jon stare each other down. The crowd is eating the interruption up; cheering for the girls and chanting various things. "What you doin," Jon asks upset. She just smiles and lunges towards him attack him; once he's under her, Chloe locks him into the Lotus lock. Referees run out trying to help Josh separate the two of them, Kaitlyn and Trinity lean against the ropes laughing and applauding. Le grips my leg and pulls me out from the ring holding his side and we make our exit.

When we get to the top, Jon, Josh and refs are making their way to the back. We watch as Chloe motions for a mic. "You know, WWE Universe, I never make a trip to Smackdown unless its for a very," she pauses and smiles brightly at Trinity and Kaitlyn, "Very good reason. And what's that reason you ask?" The crowd is cheering loudly, too loud for my headache that's forming but I'm interested nonetheless. "I swear I'm gonna kill her for this. I know she set this up," Le grumbles angrily next to me. I ignore him since I'm sure he wasn't talking directly to me. He hasn't said a word to me since the incident with me and Chloe dating. "And that reason is simple. At SummerSlam Sunday, the Diva's Championship belt isn't up for the taking, though my friend Kaitlyn here will be teaming with Dolph to take down that horrible imitation of Harley Quinn and her bodyguard." She takes the mic down laughing at her own joke, I could've sworn she just winked at me. I shake it off. "And while I know Kaitlyn will no doubt beat that crazy smile off of her face, I'm sure she'd like it even better if there was a title involved. Hell, we'd all love it, right?" Again, the crowd is in an uproar making Le and I groan loudly. "Get to the point, Chlo," I mumble. "I guess I should get to the point, huh? Point is the Superstars have many golds to choose from and fight over, the intercontinental championship belt, the United States champion belt, the tag team champions belts, the World Heavyweight Championship belt and the WWE Championship belt. Which are all,by the way, up for grabs at SummerSlam Sunday. While a roster full of Divas are left fighting over one singular belt," she held her index finger up, "Trinity, Kaitlyn, Brie, Nikki, me, hell even AJ at one point has gone to Vince to try to convince him to bring the WWE Women's Championship belt out of retirement. But each time he denied us, calling us ungrateful and whiny eventually ignoring us all together. I thought about going to Paul or maybe Stephanie, we all did but then Kaitlyn, Trinity and I thought of another route that would definitely get your attention. So, Vince either you bring that belt from retirement or we keep doing things like this, interrupting your precious show until you do what we ask." She drops the mic and they exit the ring smiling brightly.

After getting checked out by the doctors I head straight for the locker room Chloe, Trinity, Ariane and Kaitlyn are sharing. I knock lightly announcing myself then I hear shuffling towards the door. It flies open, showing a happy Kaitlyn, she moves back letting me in. "Chlo is in the bathroom washing her face she's waiting for you, Two Tones." Nodding, I head for the bathroom going in without knocking. I sit on the counter next to the sink where she's standing, I notice that she glances at me quickly but returns her gaze back to herself in the mirror. "How are you feeling, Sweets?" Grunting as I lift my arm to scratch my nose she giggles a bit. "Not so good but I'm alive. And just so you know Le plans on killing you for that stunt you pulled out there. Jon's pretty pissed at Trinity as well." She shrugs; she's been trying to act like she doesn't care about what they say but I see through it I know she's hurting. "What was that? I told you I'd be alright." "Last minute script change." I pull her wrist until she's standing in front of me, I stare at her searching her eyes and she starts to fidget under my stare. She tries to look away but I pull her face back to mind. "Last minute, huh? Was it Vince's idea or was it yours?" She bites her lip, "Both. He had plans on me doing that but not until November. I talked to him early this morning about moving it up and Stephanie and Paul backed me. I knew that my cousins would try to kill you, I didn't want that." "Love, I told you I could handle it. I've been through a lot worse." Tears start to form in her eyes and her lips quiver as she opens her mouth, "Look at your lip, Colby. It's swollen to hell and you've got stitches in it." "But I'm fine. It doesn't hurt much," I peck her lips though it does hurt a bit, "See, no worries." She starts to poke my chest and ribs making me wince and groan each time her finger landed on another spot until I grab her finger to stop. Shit, I never noticed how strong her fingers are. "See, you're hurting, Colby. And its my fault this was the least I could do. Lets just go back to the hotel, please." "We're not going anywhere until I get a smile, Chlo," I demand hopping off the counter smirking. Yeah, I'm in pain but its nothing compared to what kind of pain I would be in without her. She shakes her head pouting at me; raising my brow I pull her into me slowly not trying to hurt myself more. She wraps her arms and lays her head on my chest. "We can stand like this all night long, Love. I've got nothing to do." She shakes her head. "Not even if I tickled you," grabbing g her sides I tickle her ignoring the pains in my sides. She laughs trying to pry my hands from her sides. "O-okay. Co-Colby, stop. You wi-win," she struggles to talk between laughs. I stop satisfied that I've made her smile. Bending down I kiss her trying to lighten the mood a little more but its interrupted by a knock at the door. We both groan loudly. "Kaitlyn, just eat the cupcake. I'll get more." "It's Jon. We need to talk."

Sitting on the sofa placed in the corner of the large locker room I watch them intently hoping this doesn't get physical. I'm in way too much pain to fight again. "What the hell was that?" She throws her hands up, "Last minute script change, Le. Vince was supposed to tell you guys, guess he forgot. Jon don't be mad at Trinity, seriously." "Last minute my ass, Chloe. Why didn't you tell us yourself?" She scoffs folding her arms across her chest, "Why didn't I tell y'all? Maybe because the last time I talked to you all you were jumping down my throat because of my life choices." Jon sucks his teeth staring idly at me then Chloe, "We wasn't worried about that anymore, Chloe. You're the one ignoring us not the other way around." "Really, Jon? You guys aren't worried about it? Whatever, if you guys are over it then what was that shit in the ring? Colby can't even scratch his freaking face without feeling pain. And as far me ignoring any of you goes, someone has to say something to me before you can say I'm ignoring you. " "You wanna talk about the ring," Jon walks closer to her, " Lets talk about you attacking me and putting me in that lock. What about that?" "Look, I'm so done talking about this. If you three and my dad and whoever else wanna be pissed about who I choose to spend my time with that's just fine. I'm not about to do this anymore. But when you wanna talk, like an adult, I'll listen. Now if you excuse me I have to pack my things so I can go back to the hotel. I have a boyfriend to take care of that my cousins beat down." They stare at her before leaving the room; this isn't right. They're family and we're friends, this has to be fixed. Getting up from the chair, I kiss her cheek and tell her I'll meet her at the rental in a few minutes.

"Le! Le," I call out seeing him about to turn the corner. He takes a few more steps before stopping. He doesn't turn around until I jog the rest of the way to him. Putting my hand on his shoulder I smirk a bit, "I'd say we're almost even, man." "And what makes you think that, Lopez?" I'm pushing my luck, I know it but it doesn't hurt to try we were friends before this. I'm hoping we can all be friends after this dies down because let's face it their family is pretty much stuck with me. "Well, the painful reminder I have every time I breathe, speak and move my head says so. Don't you think so?" He shook his head, "No. That pain you feel right now came from Josh and Jon, not me. Being that I'm your tag team partner Vince would shit bricks had I done what I was thinking." "Look, don't let me and Chloe's relationship drive a wedge between your relationship with her and our friendship." He folds his arms staring hard, not saying a word. He's pissed but I hope I'm getting through to him. "I know you're getting tired of Jon's(Dean) lame jokes and lack of communication skills. And I really know you miss Chlo just as much as she misses you." "She misses me?" Got him. "Like crazy. You know you guys are like two peas in a pod. Her feelings are just hurt and she says she knows she hurt you by keeping us away from you. And between you and I, I wish you guys would talk cause I'm able to handle a lot of the things she does but I cannot understand why she insists on bothering my toes while I'm trying to relax." He laughs and he pats my shoulder slightly, "I don't even know why she does that, I hate it just as much as you, man." "Yeah, so are you gonna talk to her?" "I'll come by in the morning and take her to breakfast, hopefully she doesn't bite my head off." We talk a little more before I get call from Chloe telling me to hurry so I could soak in ice and get some rest. I told Le I'd have her ready at nine and to come by then.