Chapter Four: Chloe

Running through the lobby of the hotel I bump into Ariane and Kaitlyn; I know its them because I hear their voice. I can't really see them because my vision is blurred with my tears. After my father's outburst, I ran 15 blocks back to the hotel trying to get away from them. He asked the the question I knew he would ask, what guy is making me glow. I denied it the whole time, that's what did it. He figured if I wouldn't tell him who it is, it must be a wrestler and he isn't happy about that thought. I know he wont stop until he figures out who it is. Ariane helps me up and starts to rub my back, "Girl, what's got you so upset?" "Yeah, you were happy when you left and now you look like your dog got ran over." My whole body is shaking because I'm crying so hard, I know people are probably staring at me but I could careless. "Did something happen with your family? You guys have an argument or something?" Kaitlyn asks hitting it right on the nail. I just nod not really wanting to discuss it any further; I'd finally stopped crying enough to speak. "I just wanna lie down right now. We can talk later though." They nod in understanding, hug me telling me to call them if I need anything before they continued out of the hotel. Pulling out my phone I sent Colby a text, asking him to meet me at my room.

When I got off the elevator I see Colby leaning against my door with his head down. His hair is pulled back into a right ponytail: he's wearing a black t-shirt, white shorts and Nike slides. Without saying anything, I use my key card to unlock my room and walk in with Colby behind me. Once I get to the room I crawl onto the bed lying on my side. He removes my sandals and his slides before joining me on the bed. He pulls me close to him holding me tightly. "They're all so angry with me. And my dad, he's never yelled at me like that before. Never." "I'm so sorry, Love. But look at it like this your family will always love you no matter what. They may be mad at you right now but they will get over it, I can promise you that," he tries to comfort me. "You didn't see how they looked at me, Colby. They looked at me like I'd just killed someone." He rubs my arm and moves his mouth closer to me ear, "Don't worry yourself, Chlo. At least now you can be happy." "No I can't," I turn over so we're face to face, "They don't know that its you. They just know its a wrestler." Watching his face, I wait for him to show some sign of aggravation or stress but I never saw it. He kissed my forehead and snuggle closer to me. "Think about this. How much madder would they be if they had to find out for themselves?" He makes a good point but I'm terrified to go anywhere near them. And I definitely do not want to ruin Le and Colby's friendship, especially since they have to work so close together. "If you're afraid to do it alone, I can be there with you. It's only right, love."

****

Standing in front of my father and my cousins with Colby at my side I feel like I have a huge target on my face. We've been standing here for five minutes without anyone saying anything since I admitted my relationship with Colby. He doesn't waiver under their intense stares which lets me know how serious he's been this whole time. "I've told you time and time again stay away from these relationships and you tell me you wouldn't do that," Dwayne, my father says rather angrily. "Daddy, I didn't intentionally undermine you. It just happened. After spending a lot of time with someone you grow attached to them and develop feelings." He scoffs, "And let me guess you guys didn't plan to start spending time...it just happened. I know what happens with these type of relationships, they're all nice at first and then they crumble." "With all due respect, Mr. Johnson, we've been seeing each other for one month away from a year and we're happy. I won't hurt your daughter," Colby cuts in seeing how upset I'm becoming. I appreciate but I know my dad won't. To my surprise Le speaks up. "So those nights that you told me that you were staying with some girl you'd met you were actually with my cousin?" "Yeah, Le. But when I told you the girl was special to me I was telling the truth." Le walks closer to us breathing hard. "And when you told me that you and the girl, being my cousin, stayed up talking all night was that a lie?" "No," Colby shakes his head, "That was the truth. And if it wasn't I still wouldn't have said what happen because I don't wanna disrespect you guys or her. The only part I lied about was who I was with man that's it." He huffs and goes back to his spot. The tears won't stop falling from my eyes as this scene unfolds in front of me; this is definitely not how I thought my evening would be. There is another silence, I take this chance to voice my opinion. "Why are y'all being so hard on me about this? Jon is engaged to Trinity, whom by the way is a diva. There's nothing different about it!" "There is a difference, Chloe. If Trinity breaks his heart, not that she would, he can deal with it," my dad yells. I can see his vein throbbing in his neck, he's more than angry. "What are you saying, daddy? You think Colby is gonna break my heart?" He doesn't answer, instead Jon does. "This is what he's saying, Chlo, if this man break your heart you not gon know how to deal with it. You're fragile." "Yeah, you remember what happen last time," Josh adds. I cant believe they did that; that was low. I know they're mad but that's no excuse. "You don't have to gang up on her like that. If you don't like it, fine but don't do that. She already feels like you guys hate her for being happy," Colby defends me much to my family's surprise. He takes my hand and we leave my father's hotel room heading to mine.