Chapter Seven: Colby

It's been five days since Nattie's party and since I've seen and talked to Chloe. I miss her more than words can express and i know she's pissed at me but its good for her. Jon, Josh and I got back on track once they found out what I'd done. At least they are in line with it. Of course, Le is behind me with this we'd actually came up with this idea together. Le's voice brings me out of my thoughts, "Did Chloe call you?" "No. You?" He shakes his head taking a sip from his bottle of water, "Nope. Leia told me she saw her last night though. I guess Uncle D took her home." "She's so pissed with me, man." "Don't stress over it she gets mad at us all the time she'll get over it. She'll realize that that you did it to help you guys out and if by some chance she doesn't I'll sit on her till she does." "Hope so. I'm gonna go get some air before our match." "Aight bro. Don't get lost." Walking out of the room I zone out again letting my thoughts consume me. Not having her here is one thing, for almost a year we'd been apart unless we were sneaking out together but her being pissed and ignoring me is another. When I made contact with Dwayne, her dad, it was for us but mostly for her. He was a little hesitant to talk to me at first but the more I talked the more he saw I was hellbent on this. Le and I feel like she needs to go with her family for a little while so they could reconnect and get their feelings out, I knew if I would've told Chloe about her dad coming she would've begged me to come along and she knows I can't say no to her.

The cool air hits my face as soon as I exit the arena through a back door, it was surprising but welcoming. After wondering down the side of the building, I take a seat on the steps that lead to another door. I pull out my phone, deciding to give Dwayne a call maybe he could get Chloe to talk to me. I'm pretty desperate at this point. He answers on the third ring. "Colby, what can I do for you?" "Just calling to check in," I let out a sigh glad he's in a nicer mood than before. "Aaah," he laughs, "Chloe's not talking to you, right?" I laugh a little, "No sir she's not. I've been calling and texting but she's not answering." "She was like that the first two days back. She was only talked to her mom and grand but we finally got her to talk." At least their family is back on track on the way to getting back where it was before they were hit with Hurricane Colby. "Right now she's just in her head about the things that we gave her to think about." "Yeah," is all I can say. Chloe being upset with me is something all new to me, it's something I don't particularly enjoy. "She'll be back tomorrow morning around eight. I know she would like you to pick her up no matter how bad her attitude will be." We talk a few more minutes before disconnecting. He'd told me last time we spoke that he had a new found respect for though he's not completely convinced with us yet. He sees I respect her love for her family, which I do, I hope she'd do the same for me.

"Wanna talk about it?" Looking up I see Nattie walking towards me in a wind breaker and jeans. She takes a seat next to me after I nod. "I'm kinda sorta missing Chlo." "Kinda sorta?" She jokes making me laugh a little. "Alright, I miss the hell out of her." "Well, I've got another secret for you, Colby." "What might that be?" "She misses you, too." Taking a second to think I turn and face her, "She told you that?" "Yup. But she's too stubborn to call you because she wants to be mad. I don't want to tell you everything before she gets a chance to but her family isn't 100% behind you guys yet its getting there though." Smiling, I run my fingers over my hair, happy that she's not upset with me anymore and because he family is coming around. Though I'd work around them not liking our relationship I know she would be even happier if they did. Nattie pats me on my back and gets up, telling me something about helping JoJo out with her hair. Glancing at my watch I see that I need to be heading inside for our match with Zack Ryder and Santino. Piece of cake then I can get ready for Chloe's return tomorrow.

As I'm heading to take my position with Le and Jon(Dean), Eva Marie grabs my hand stopping me. Eva Marie is the diva myself and the other committed guys stay away from. After that whole thing with Fandango she'd been bouncing and flirting her way around backstage looking for a 'buddy'. I'm not entirely sure why though from what I heard she has a fiancée. "This isn't the best time, Eva. I've got a match in like five minutes." She places her hand on my face which I move making her giggle. What the hell is so funny? "I know that, Colby. I was stoping you to wish you luck." She places her hand on my bicep and squeezes it. Why the hell is she so touchy? "While you seem so enthused I can assure you I don't need luck. Script says, Le and I will win. Now if you excuse me," I turn to leave but she pulls me back. Groaning, I glare at her, "Yes, Eva?" "Well," she starts staring down at her knotted fingers, "I was wondering if you were interested in riding with JoJo, Nattie and I to Vegas tonight." I chuckle a little, she cannot be serious. I know she knows about Chloe and I; if Chloe hasn't told her I'm sure Nattie or Trin has. "Thanks but no thanks, Eva, I'm not leaving until tomorrow." "Why is that? I could stay to keep you company if you'd like," she flirts. "Again no thanks, Eva." "But why?" I never realized how much I hate when people whine, the only people that should whine are babies. She's really working my last nerve. "Why," I repeat. She nods. "Because I don't think my girlfriend would appreciate me picking her up with another female in the car. She scoffs as she folds her arms across her chest. Then walks off. Hopefully that's the last of her; I can't wait to tell the guys span out this. Eva gives us all a good laugh or two.

*****

"Our flight isn't until two, we've got some hours to kill. We can do anything you want after I finish packing up." I tell her after i pull my suitcases from the closte of my hotel room. Chloe's stretched across the bed wearing the grey wrap dress and black Sperry's I'd bought her a few weeks ago; this is my first time seeing it on her and I'm glad I purchased it. Her hair is thrown in a messy bun and she's wearing her glasses meaning when she got on the plane she was halfway sleep. "Doesn't matter to me," she answers looking over at me. "On a scale of 1 to 10, how mad are you at me? I need to know what I'm working with." "I'm not mad at you anymore, Colby. Had I seen you again the night I left this would be a different story." Nodding I pull my shirts I'd placed in the dresser a couple days at when we'd arrived here in San Diego. I could feel her staring at me but I wasn't gonna make her talk to me. I want it to happen because she wants it to. Le and Jon had offered to stay back with us just in case Chloe was still pissed enough to fight with me but I declined. If she wanted to attack me then I'd let her, just as long as she wasn't pissed anymore once se was done. "Can you take a break from that?" "I could but I don't have a reason to," I tell her dropping more clothes in my suitcase. "You do." "What's the reason, Chlo?" She groans because she knows I'm not gonna let it go until she speaks up what she wants into existence. I've always told her, I will listen if she wants me to hear something but I can't hear what isn't spoken. "I want you to come lay with me. I haven't seen you in like a week and I missed you, a little bit." Smiling, I go over to the bed and lie next to her, she pulls my hair from its ponytail and runs her fingers through my hair. We lie silently, enjoying each others presence; I've missed being able to be up under her like this. "I'm sorry for ignoring your texts and calls." "It's okay considering you we're pretty pissed." "I wasn't pissed about what you did, Colby, it was because up you didn't tell me what was going on. Why didn't you tell me?" "Because I knew you would ask me to come," I explain moving my hair she'd just pushes into my face. "And what would've been so bad about that?" "As much as I would've loved to be there with you it just wasn't my place to be there. You needed to handle that with your family without me there throwing things off."

In a huff, Chloe gets off the bed, going to stand at the foot of the bed and glares at me. Le said this would happen, when she's angry or doesn't understand she goes into a different mode. I'm just hoping it doesn't last too long. Throwing my legs over the side of the bed watching her pace back and forth, I was enjoying us lying around but I guess we need to clear this first. "I don't read minds, Love. If you could tell me what's wrong we can fix it then maybe I could show you how much I missed you," I joke, smirking a little up until she shoots me another glare. "Is our relationship all kicks and giggles to you, Colby?" "No," I sigh, "I'm just trying to lighten the mood." "Colby, we're having a serious conversation there's no need for jokes right now. We've been apart for like a week, per your decision, and you make ... A joke about my anger." Groaning, I walk over to her, she starts to back away until I grab her wrists pulling her a little closer to me. "Chloe, look at me. Yes, yes I made a joke but it was only to soothe you because I know how much you enjoy them. I'm not trying to belittle your anger. I missed you like hell since you've been with your family but I felt a little better knowing that you're mending whatever I broke when I started flirting with you. You love me and I love you but I also know you love your family even more." She shakes her head still seething with anger; I know she's stubborn but not to this extent. "What part of this aren't you understanding, Chlo?" "The part about you not being there to face my family. You said you'd be there with me but you weren't." "Chloe, do you really think me being there would help anything? If I would have left the party with you and Dwayne do you think you and him would be on speaking terms right now? I'll answer for you. No. Do you think any of the men in your family would've talk this out with you had me and my two tone hair been sitting next to you? Again, no, Chloe. Stop thinking about so negatively! I made that choice not because I was scared, not because I didn't want to be there but because I was thinking about our future. If you're gonna be childish about it and twist my promises I made to you then I'm done with the conversation. But if you wanna be about an adult about the situation we can lie back down and talk. It's your choice either way." After staring at me a little longer she goes back to lie on the bed, of course I join her. Having our relationship out to everyone has took a load off of us but added a couple more issues for us; this is the most Chloe and I have argued this whole year. Wait. I think I've figured out what's really making this issue bigger than what it is.