Chapter Three: Colby

As I walk out of the bathroom Chloe is starting to wake up; her eyes a little and she smiles softly at me. Walking over, I place a kiss on her forehead then sit on the side of the bed slipping my Sperrys back on. "Good morning, Love. How did you sleep?" "I slept a lot better than I have in a while. What about you?" "Eh, your snoring kept me up," I joked. She doesn't snore I just like messing with her. She laughs groggily as she attempts to pinch me but fails. When she first wakes up her coordination is horrible, she described it to me once before as feeling weak and barely able to move. After fifteen minutes or so it wears off. "Do you have to go?" "I don't have to but I'm pretty sure you know how fast news circulates around us." Looking back, I notice she's spouting I take this chance to place a kiss on her pouting lips. When I pull away she's smiling at me and I wink. "Alright, I gotta go but I'll be seeing you on the plane. I'll be the one kicking your seat." She laughs but I can hear a bit of sadness in her voice. I hate to make her sad but we both know what will happen if I don't leave right now. Getting up I start walking towards the bedroom door, "Text me when you miss me, love." "I guess I better start now." I blow her a kiss before heading out of her room; leaving her is like waking up from a dream that you love but can never finish--frustrating. But I would never trade Chloe or our time for anything in the world. She makes this job and my life a lot less stressful than it was before her.

During the elevator ride I mentally prepare myself for the barrage of questions I'm going to get from Le and Jon(Dean) once I got back to the room. Because I'm not able to spend the night with Chloe that often they figure the girls I tell them I meet are special in some kind of way which makes the questioning process longer. Which is true, Chloe is very special to but I can't very well tell them that. When I get to the room Le is at the breakfast bar eating oatmeal and Jon is on the sofa watching television. "Lopez, thought you forgot about us," Jon jokes glancing over at me. "How could I? You guys harass me enough." Le shakes his head smiling, "See, that's where you're wrong Jon harasses you while I on the other hand check on you from time to time." "Enough about us, lets hear about this girl you spent the night with, Colb," Jon suggests muting the television. Smiling, I look at them both before retuning my gaze to my phone checking my messages. Le slightly bumps my shoulder, "Dude, I swear you fall in love every time you meet a girl as often as it happens." I do, I think to myself, I fall in love with her every time I see her. "I mean she was really nice. I met her when I went to get some food after the show. We danced and talked then went back to her place." "Then," Jon eggs on smiling. "Then nothing, that's it. We talked until we fell asleep." I never tell them about our nights, I feel like even though they don't know who I'm talking about its still special and private to me. And I figure once they find out its Chloe they won't be as pissed, well I know Jon could careless as long as I'm happy. "You spent the night to talk? You going soft on us." "I'm not soft, Le," I laugh, "I'm just not into that one night thing. It's not me, it's never been me." "He's right, Le. He's the Romeo of the group, remember," Jon jokes walking over to answer the knock at the door. He returns with Le and Chloe's cousin, Jon. He looks complacent. Jon(Dean) excuses himself to finish packing.

"Why you look so vexed?" I ask. He stands on the opposite side of the breakfast bar from us, just staring. "Nothing, tired as hell. Ariane and Trin were up all last night practicing hardly got any sleep. How was y'all night?" I shrug in response. "It was relaxing. I was in the bed the whole time," Le answers finishing up his oatmeal. Jon laughs. "How you relaxed with Chlo over here? You know that girl don't know the meaning of that word." "She wasn't here," Le raises his brow, "She told you that?" Shit, is the only thought I have. I remain quiet though not drawing attention to myself. "She told me she was gonna come if she wasn't tired. I guess she was tired." "I don't think she was in her room that whole time. When she came to say good night, she was dressed like she'd been somewhere." I use this time to butt in and hopefully take the heat from her. "I think she may have went out with Kaitlyn and a few of the other girls." It works; they start talking about our next show.

Bothering her on the plane is more than entertaining to me, especially when she starts moving around making her cousins look at her like she's crazy. Layla and Nattie are to the right of me laughing probably at Chloe and I. Eventually, I stop when I notice that she's starting to nod off. "You like her, don't you?" Turning my gaze I laugh nervously a bit caught off by Nattie's question; she joins me. "Why do you ask that?" "I can just tell. Every time I see you two you're always flirting. And you never take your eyes off of her," she explains. "She's beautiful," that's all that I can say. Chloe is everything in my eyes, I want everyone to know but that would cause so many problems for her. And that's the last thing I'd want to cause. "I've got a secret for you, Colby." I raise my brows and she leans closer to whisper. "She's got a thing for you, too. She talks about you a lot to me." "Does she," I actually am shocked to hear this because as far as I knew she didn't tell anybody about her feelings for me. Not even Kaitly, Ariane or Trin and she's closer to them than anyone else. "She comes to me because I can understand what she's having to deal with. I had the same problem with my family when I started dating Tyson. She just has to stand up to her family which I know she's terrified of but if she's ever going to be happy she needs to." "That's true." I also know how terrified she is of her dad and the rest of her family coming down on her because she wants to be with me. They have to understand she's happy with me, I do that for her. I wouldn't hurt her intentionally.

As I wait for my luggage I feel arms wrap around my left arm, I don't even need to look down to know its Chloe. I get this feeling, as corny as it sounds, that tells me she's around. "Hey sleepy head." "Hi," her voice is soft. She's upset. "What's wrong?" "Le just told me my dad is coming to dinner with us tonight." "What's wrong with that? I know how much you miss him, that should be great, Chlo." "Yeah, I miss him and I'm excited that he's able to come visit with us. I'm just not excited about him finding out. I'm not ready," she looks up at me with sad eyes. "If you're not ready then don't tell him." That seems like the most logical thing to do; none of her cousins know about us so I know that she's not being forced to tell him about us. "It's not that black and white, Colby. My father knows me well. That's how he found out about my last boyfriend when I was in training. He says he can tell when I'm happy just to be and when I'm happy because of a guy. He says I have a glow." I kiss her cheek quickly before anyone can walk up on us and see, I smile at her. "You do have a glow, love. That's my fault, I make you happy. But in the event he does find out then I'm here for you whatever happens you know that, right?" "Yes, I know. I'm just scared." As long as I've known Chloe she's never been afraid of anything except disappointing her father. She always wants to be perfect for him and make her family proud. She grabs her bag when she hears Jon call her name so they can leave giving me a small smile before leaving me. I tried to be positive about it but I had a bad feeling in the pit of stomach that tonight would be eventful. I just hope she doesn't get hurt too badly in the process.