Chapter Six: Chloe

Riding in Le's rental has been a quiet, slightly awkward but I'm not giving in. I didn't even want to go, I only came to appease Colby. True enough, Le, he's my favorite cousin, basically my brother they all are but they hurt me. Colby and I talked last night, I knew he was trying to see where my head is and I let him in; I just shut down when he brought up now much he knew that I miss them. Yeah, he's right but so what? I'm not giving in first no matter how childish it sounds. "I was told there is a Cracker Barrel here," he glances at me then back at the road. I nod staring out the window, him and Colby know me so well, take me to my favorite restaurant or somewhere that has my favorite food and you've got me. "Do you want to go there?" Nodding once more I look over at him to see him focusing on the road gripping the steering wheel. He looks sad but I imagine I do, too. "Leia asked about you last night. She was upset because I told her she had to go to bed when we got off the phone, she never wants to," he smiles a little, "To be only three she has so much personality, I believe I owe that to you. God knows she didn't get it from her mom." Le knows I can't turn down a conversation about Leia; I love my god baby even if her daddy was being a jerk to me. I remember when she was just born she would only stop crying for me like she just knew I'd let her do and get away with anything, which is true. She puts those gray eyes she inherited from Le to good use. "I'll call her later. I do miss her. " "She misses you, too," he answers turning into the parking lot of Cracker Barrel. We don't speak anymore until after we've been seated and have ordered.

"I need to apologize for the way I acted before. I know I was being," he pauses searching for a word. "An ass," I smile completing his sentence. He laughs agreeing with me. "Yeah, an ass. I was just pissed. Not because you were, well are, dating Colby because I can tell that you're happy. I was pissed because you didn't tell me. We tell each other everything, I told you about Leia before I had even told my parents and I do remember you telling be about that tattoo you have four or five months before Uncle D found out. It just kinda stung a little." Reaching across the table I grab his hand in mind smiling a little, "Yeah, that's what Colby was trying to tell me last night. A part of me hated keeping this from you but the other part of me was scared to tell you. I know that we're close, closer than Jon and Josh but I saw how upset you'd get when I'd joke about it and I've never seen you so upset. I'm sorry." "I've already forgiven you, Chlo. I just need for you to forgive me." "Done. And if it makes you feel any better about him and I, every time we snuck away Colby was always worried about how we'd affect you guys friendship. You know you and Jon(Dean) were his first friends in WWE." He nods, "Yeah. Colby's a good guy, I can't knock him. And the way he stood up to four men that could've easily kicked his ass shows how much he actually cares for you." "Soooo." "So what?" "Does this mean you guys will be friends again?" We both laugh loudly gaining attention from other patrons. "We never stopped being friends, Sticky, I was just mad. I can't speak for the others though." I sigh as the waitress brings our food setting it in front of us; she told us to have a great meal before checking on the table around us. "What's the matter, Sticky?" I shake my head, "You remember when we first started Sticky and Icky? You got mad at me for eating your snacks and poured syrup all over me and started throwing things at me until I was covered in objects that had stuck to me. You ran through the house calling me 'Sticky'. It took my mom hours to wash that syrup out of my hair. Then that night I dumped the fish guts from the fishes Pop pop and the other men had caught that morning, you chased me and I ran around screaming for Icky to leave me alone." We laugh even louder. He nods, "Yeah and ever since then its been Sticky and Icky." "Till wheels fall off," I stick my fist out for him to bump, he does. "Alright, that was nice trip down memory lane," he raises his brow as he eats a piece of his country fried steak, "What was that sigh for?" "Nothing." "Sticky," he warns. "Nothing really. Let's just enjoy our breakfast." He growl, I instantly drop my fork and move my gaze to his face. He's not smiling nor is he frowning he's just watching me. I don't know who's worse, Le, my dad or Colby. I take a sip to clear my throat before I speak, "I'm just kinda sorta upset because my dad isn't speaking to me. When I talked to my mom, she told me that he'd told her about me and Colby as well as your dad, Uncle Jimmy and Pop pop and they're not exactly ecstatic about it. She said she'd never seen him so outraged, not even when they were married and use to fight. Especially not at me. She told me I should call him so we could talk." "Have you called him?" "Of course I did, Le. But he was less than thrilled to be receiving a call from me. He asked had I broken things off with Colby and told me not to call him until I had. He told me he'd never been so disappointed in me in my whole life. Not even the tattoo could measure up to this," I sigh staring around the restaurant, "I never knew being happy came with this crap. I hate that he's so pissed with me but I'm not gonna sacrifice my happiness because of that." "Listen, theirs not much we can do about them being upset but me and Colby got your back with whatever comes your way."

****

Tonight is Nattie's birthday party, she's been going through a few things with TJ so it was only right she had a party. Kaitlyn and I booked a warehouse out and had it decorated for her; she loves it. Of course, a party wouldn't be a party without a bar and our very own bartender. I couldn't lie though this is a much needed escape. Although in the last week, Jon, Josh, Le and I have made up it only got worse when I got calls from almost every single male in my family that had been in our business, telling me how bad I'm messing up my life and how disappointed I'm making them and my father. It's so much pressure, I feel like I'm about to bust. Then on top of that, I haven't seen Colby in three days because of a family emergency. He said he's try to make it here tonight but I'm almost positive he won't.

"Why the long face, Chlo?" Kaitlyn asks grabbing my shoulders shaking me a little making me laugh. "Nothing, just thinking." "Thinking about my two tone twin?" She wiggles her eyebrows making me laugh even harder. "No. Yes. A little." She laughs as she leads me towards where a few of the other divas are dancing. "Well, this is a happy party so push Two Tones out your mind and have a little fun. Don't worry he'll be back." Brie comes over and bumps my hips, "You're usually so lively at our parties and you look like a sour puss. Perk up, girl!" Smiling, I give in, I do need to relieve stress and what's the best stress reliever? Dancing. "Only Girl In The World" by Rihanna is blaring through the speakers; I don't know what it is about her voice but it just sends me into a different mode, my own world. During the bridge I feel,a pair of arms wrap around my waist and start dragging me away. Immediately I open my eyes, Brie and Kaitlyn are smiling giving me a thumbs up,, this makes me feel a bit better but not much. I want to know who this is.

We stop, our bodies are insanely close my back to their chest. In the next few second I feel lips press to my neck, my jaw then my ear. They bite my earlobe before releasing it. "Told you I'd be back, Love." It's Colby. Turning to face him, I see a smile plastered across his face I can't help but latch my body onto his. He laughs in my ear as he hugs me, rocking us side to side. "I missed you, too babe." Pulling my head back, I kiss him long and hard; its just been three days but its felt like so much longer. Our kiss deepens, he moves us around so that my back against the wall his previously occupied. He pulls away burying he face in neck, sucking slightly. Idly, I wonder if Nattie would notice we left and if she'd be upset about it. Colby and I haven't been intimate since the day before my family found out about us. It's been long enough. Our kiss and my thoughts are interrupted by someone clearing their throat, we disconnect ourselves to face whomever interrupted us. It's Le. "I know you guys are together but she's still my cousin, Colbs. Don't have sex with my cousin." Colby scratches the back of his head and I look idly around the party laughing a little when I spot Nattie sandwiched between Zack and Jon. "Really, dude? My cousin." "It was all her idea, Le. She seduced me," Colby joke making us laugh. "I seduced you, Colby? You were the one offered me the massage," I retort with my hands on my hips. Le throws his arms up as Colby opens his mouth to tell more. "Enough, enough. Just don't suck each others faces off in front of me. Deal?" I look at Colby, "Yeah, as long as Mr. We'll save water showering together agrees." Le walks off mumbling and laughing.

Colby bends down to whisper, "I've got something to tell you but I don't think I should tell you." "Why?" "Because you're gonna be pissed." "At who? You?" He looks towards the crowd then back at me, "Yes." "What does it have to do with?" "What does it have to so with it?" I'm searching his eyes looking for some type of leeway but finding none. My mind is starting to wonder, very far. "If I told you that, you'd figure it out." "What is it?" "It's about us. You'll probably hate me for a while for it but it had to be done." "What did you do? Colby Lopez, you better open your mouth and start talking, NOW!" "I just need to say that I did this because I love you and I want you to be as happy as you were before this crap with your family." "Wh-what are you....Colby what's going on?" I hear loud gasps and slapping of hands behind me; I can't bare to turn around fearful of what's behind me. What has Colby done? "Dear, Chloe," the voice trails off in my mind. I glare at Colby before closing my eyes hoping that when I open them its a dream. But when they're voices don't cease and I know its not a dream. Colby really did this to me...to us. Why?