Epilogue-Is Believing Enough?

*Two Years Later*

"Daddy!" My heart melts hearing Esila (E-Sill-Yah), Chloe and I's nine month old daughter, yell for me. She just started talking a week ago and it's the only word she can say, I'm not complaining though Chloe is. Esila is the spitting image of Chloe and I; she's got Chloe's honey eyes and skin tone with my smile, nose and personality. Her hair is sandy blonde and brown in some spots. Chloe always jokes that my two tone hair became a hereditary trait. The doctor couldn't explain it but I don't need him to I love her regardless.

Walking into the living room I see Chloe stretched out on her stomach on the floor, eyes closed, with Esila sitting on her giggling. "Yes, E?" I ask getting into the floor not expecting a real answer. She continues to call out for me and pointing to Chloe. Chloe isn't moving, she's faking sleep so she doesn't have to go back on the road. She's been here in Tampa with Esila while I've been on the road,  she's been doing promos here and there but nothing serious because she's been waiting for her doctor to clear her completely. My parents are coming to stay here with Esila until Dwayne is done filming.

After I pull Esila into my lap I start to shake Chloe but she doesn't move or open her eyes. I check her pulse and it's weak. "Love, can you hear me? Chloe, wake up this isn't funny anymore."

****  ****  ****  ****

"Where is my wife? I want to see my wife! Take me to her, NOW! At least just tell me what is going on. Please. " She sighs staring directly at me,  "She was poisoned. I'm not sure with what or by whom but whatever it is her body isn't liking. But that's all I know, sir. She's still being tended to by doctors so you'll have to wait until they're done for full information." The nurse pats my back and goes back to the nurses' station. "Colby, come on over here. As soon as they're done they'll come tell us everything, bro." My eyes travel over to the waiting room where Joe and Esila are then back to Jon, who's standing in front of me. I shake my head trying to clear out and make sense of everything. "She was barely breathing.  What if she's not okay? What are me and E going to do without her? She's my wife, dude, she's. .. she's..." my voice trails off just thinking about it. "Bro, you can't think like that it's never good. Just think about your little girl she needs you right now," Jon says ushering me over. I take a seat next to and almost immediately Esila climbs out of Joe's lap into mine lying her head on my chest. This is what you're fighting for, Chlo. You've gotta believe that everything will be okay. Your family, we need you. I pray silently leaning my head down to meet E's then I hear a mix of voices looking for us. My parents and my in laws. Dwayne is gonna shit bricks when he finds out but who would wanna poison her?...