Chapter Ten: Chloe

Got it for you guys tonight!
Yay! Haha.
Enjoy! Comment! Vote!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colby squeezes my hand taking a chance and glancing at me then back at the road. We're on our way to my dad and uncles' hotel. Thank goodness they aren't staying in the same one as us. I got a call from my dad just as the show was finishing, Joe also got a phone call. His wasn't nice either. His dad barked at him for forty five minutes straight and told him not to even think about coming with Colby and I that he would get a visit of his own. I can't help but feel bad though he insists it isn't my fault, had I not started this relationship with Colby none of this would be happening. But as hard as it is, I wouldn't trade our relationship for anything in the world. He's my favorite guy, he reminds me of my dad so much, I think that's what I love about him the most.

"If you wanna leave at anytime just let me know and I'll be right behind you. Okay?" He asks as he pulls up to the front of the hotel. "I can't run from this, Colbs. We gotta take whatever it is and handle it. But no matter what they say to you in here, I love you and that's something they can't take away or minimize." I tell him, leaning over in my seat to kiss his cheek. He claps smiling widely, "Well let's get this out the way so we can get home to watch good ole Kick Buttowski." I groan knowing he's serious. The only reason I put up with that annoying cartoon is because he loves it. He hops out the car and jogs to my side of the car to open the door for me. After he helps me climb out, he tosses the keys to the valet boy shooting him a smirk.

The elevator ride is a lot shorter than I would've liked but it's too late to turn back now we're already standing in front of their door. "Knock," Colby whispers. "No, you knock." "Chloe, knock." I fold my arms defiantly, he shakes his head and starts making a beat on the door. I immediately grab his wrists glaring at him, trying to stay mad but he's making silly faces at me. We start laughing as he embraces me, he places a kiss on my forehead and whispers how much he loves me. "Isn't that just sweet?" Colby releases me and sticks his hand out for my dad to shake. "Good evening, sir." "Uh huh. Come on in," he opens the door wider. Colby walks in confidently, which I can't help but admire; I step in staring up at my dad. "Hi daddy." "Hey Chlo. Your uncles are waiting for you." "I figured as much," I mumble. "What was that?" He asks following me into the living area. Ignoring him I g over to my uncles hugging them and placing kisses on each of their cheeks. They're sitting on the sofa, my dad sits opinion the chair to the left of the sofa and Colby's in the chair opposite of him. I sit on the arm of Colby's chair with my arm around him. The coffee table is separating us. "What are you doing to my innocent daughter, Colby? I thought we had an understanding." "I'm not doing anything to her, sir. I'm only making her smile and making her happy like you asked of me, like I've been doing. I saw the picture and I understand why you are all upset but had I known someone was out there I would've taken care of it," Colby explains without stutter. "Did you two run off and get married since the last time we spoke, Chloe," Joe's father asks. "No, but wha-," my uncle cuts me off. "So, what were you doing neither this man clearly naked?" I open my mouth to respond but my dad beats me to it. "And don't say swimming, Chloe." With a roll of my eyes I answer, "I didn't plan on it. What I was gonna say is I'm grown, what Colby and I do is none of any of your business. Mommy doesn't even hassle me like you all are and you know how she gets. She's actually happy for us." "Don't you roll your eyes, Chloe. You're the one bringing shame to our family. You've disappointed and embarrassed Jon and Josh. And you've drug Joe down with him. Do you see the problems you're causing for your family? You need to straighten up." "You know what no I don't see that I'll tell you what I do see though. I see the problems you're causing me and my relationship. All Colby and I have done is respect you all but we can't even get that in return." Colby reaches up and squeezes my hand, I smile down at him softly. "You're choosing this boy over your family," Jon and Josh's dad asks me.