Chapter 10

As the girls were performing in Atlanta Lauren had decided she was going to do it.

She was going to ask Normani out on a date. She just didn't know how she was going to ask her.

She couldn't go to Dinah because God knows the Polynesian isn't the best when it comes to keeping surprises and plans quiet.

She couldn't go to Normani considering that would mean she was asking the dark skinned girl how to ask herself out.

Y/n and Camila were always by each other's side and she still felt extremely bad about ruining their almost kiss so she couldn't ask them for help.

That left the one and only Allyson Brooke Hernandez.

"Als" Lauren called out, hoping for a response, she had been looking in each room for any sign of the smaller girl, she really needed help and advice. Sadly no response came.

The green eyed girl groaned, she had been looking for Ally for over 20 minutes and there was still no sign of her, she was losing hope.

As Lauren pushed opened the door of the room she had decided it was going to be the last time she would look for Ally. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw the eldest of the group on her phone, texting away quickly as she snuggled into the couch.

"Ally" she said quietly, Ally's head shot up when she heard her name being spoke, her smile growing when she noticed it was Lauren.

"Yeah Laur?" She asked, she was concerned, the younger girl looked so nervous and stressed, worse than ever before. "I um...I want to..I want to ask Mani on a date but I don't know how to." Lauren explained, hoping Ally would be able to help her think of a date idea and how to ask Normani on a date.

Ally's smile faltered a little but she covered it up quickly so Lauren wouldn't notice. "You want me to help you sweetie?" She asked with a smile despite the pain she was feeling in her chest. Ally was jealous and not of Lauren, but of Normani, she wanted to be the person Lauren was asking on a date.

"Please" the green eyed girl begged, even throwing in a pout and big puppy dog eyes to make sure she sealed the deal.

The Texan giggled at her and gestured for Lauren to sit down on the couch in the dressing room they were currently situated in. Lauren complied.

Ally plopped back down beside the other Latina and turned to face her. "Of course I'll help you. Did you have anything in mind?" Lauren was relieved that Ally was willing to help her, she really needed it.

"No nothing really, I just know that I want to ask her in a simple way." Was the Cuban's reply. "Well how about you stick to just getting her some flowers and ask her then? Like get her a rose which is lilac or red and then ask her on a date" Ally spoke up, brainstorming aloud.

"Maybe but I feel like I should do something which is really Normani. Something which is suitable to her personality." Lauren explained.

"Mani likes simple gestures, the girl would prefer eating at a diner which sells good chicken wings than a fancy dinner so make your gesture simple, like you wanted, by asking her the good old fashioned way. She'd appreciate that more than something over the top." Ally answered honestly, she might have feelings for Lauren but she'll help her plan the perfect date for another girl if the girl makes Lauren happy.

"Thank you so much Ally!" The taller girl squealed, giving the shorter girl a death grip like hug which made the latter giggle.

After Lauren pulled away from the hug Ally gave her a playful slap on the butt which made the pale girl jump a little and turn to the older Latina. "Go get your girl" she said with a playful grin but jealousy in her eyes, Lauren didn't notice the jealousy though or the pain Ally felt when she skipped out the door in search of Normani.

After around 10 minutes of searching she found the slightly older girl hanging out backstage with Camila and Y/n. "Hey guys" Lauren spoke up, making her presence known.

Three pairs of looked in the direction of her voice and each person gave her a small smile, however Normani's smile was a little wider.

"Hey sis" "Hi Lolo" "How's my green eyed goddess doing?" Were the replies and Lauren couldn't stop the blush that spread across her face at the coco-complexioned girls greeting.

The pale Latina's eyes locked with her twin brother, a smirk forming on his face because he realised what she was about to do. He was proud but also a little nervous since that meant he would have to ask Camila out soon.

Lauren put a finger to her lips, signalling for Y/n to be quiet because she wanted to get Normani's attention. Y/n just nodded, showing his sister that he understood what she meant.

The Latino looked away again from his sister, putting his attention back onto the brunette who stood in front of him, throwing her over his back and rushing out of the room that Lauren and Normani were in. Camila let out a squeal of surprise as Y/n ran down the hall with her, giggling with each step they took.

Normani couldn't help but notice how shy and nervous the green eyed girl had become, she had never saw Lauren like this. She was usually calm and collected, showing no signs of fear whatsoever.

"You ok Laur?" She finally asked, the girl in question nodded and took a step closer to the Houston native. "Yeah I'm fine..I just...wanted to ask you something" Lauren explained, Normani gave her a smile, silently asking for her to continue.

"I-I was w-won-wondering if you would...." Lauren trailed off, her nerves getting the best of her, Normani rested a hand on the girl's shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze to calm her down.

It seemed to work as Lauren took a deep breath and managed to speak. "I was wondering if, you w-would go on a d-d-date with m-me?" Lauren was nervous but happy she got that off her chest.

It felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders but worry soon filled her veins as Normani hadn't replied. She glanced up at the taller girl and was greeted with a smile which instantly calmed Lauren down, the smile was a good sign.

As Lauren was about to speak up Normani cut her off saying "Yes! Oh my god yes! I was waiting for you to ask me Laur!" The green eyed girl couldn't be happier as her crush pulled her in for a hug, this was the happiest she had been in a quite a while.

Her crush was going on a date with her, she's living her dream and her twin brother is right her beside her the entire time.

---------------------------------------------
Here's a Laurmani chapter for you guys, hope you enjoy it.

I might have another update up soon so look out for that.

Thanks for all the support, keep leaving your comments and if you have any feedback don't be afraid to tell me.

Thanks again for reading. -Mason