Chapter 11

A/N: What they're wearing in the media above is also what they're wearing for the date, just imagine Lauren with red lipstick on as well.

Lauren found herself in the bathroom of the tour bus, applying the last of her make up, with a final coat of her signature red lipstick and a quick run of her hand through her hair she was ready...well physically she was ready, not so much mentally.

A lot was riding on this night and Lauren really didn't want something to go wrong as this was incredibly important.

She took a deep breath before exiting the bathroom, she was so nervous and was starting to second guess the date she had planned, what if it was too simple and Normani didn't like it?

Once the green eyed girl had left the bathroom the first person she had spotted was her brother, he was laying on the couch in the front lounge, scrolling through Twitter, liking some tweets and laughing when he saw something funny. He looked genuinely happy for once, she really needed to thank Camila for the positive effect she's had on him even though her bandmate wasn't dating him just yet.

Y/n seemed to notice Lauren's presence as he glanced up from his phone and smiled when he saw the noirette. "Sis you look beautiful" Y/n told her sweetly "Really?" Lauren breathed out, she wasn't sure if he was telling the truth. "Yeah Renny, you always do anyways" the green eyed boy assured her which earned a smile from her.

He noticed how tense Lauren was so Y/n stood up and brought her into a hug, doing his best to calm his twin sister down. "The date will go perfect Lauren, I promise you." He mumbled before pressing a kiss to her temple, the gestured managed to soothe her a little.

"I just really like Mani, I don't wanna mess anything up." She confessed, Y/n sighed and hugged the Cuban tighter. "You aren't gonna mess anything up. The date will be amazing and before you even try and ask if Mani will like it stop because we both know she'll love it since the date is with you and that's all she wants." He tells her, doing anything he can to calm her as she had began to shake in my arms.

Lauren has always been a confident person, normally so sure of herself and had belief in her abilities and looks. She carried an aura of self assurance which always managed to rub off on people.

Y/n knew this very well considering 1) he's known Lauren all his life 2) people have told him and her that Lauren's self assurance rubs off on them and 3) Lauren's confidence and self assurance as always managed to rub on Y/n who still nowadays struggles with confidence and self belief, especially after Claire had broken things off with him.

However there had always been moments throughout Y/n and Lauren's lives when the older of the twins had broken down and became a nervous wreck, something no one other than Y/n saw usually and that was because around Y/n Lauren would allow herself to show that more vulnerable side, trusting him more than anyone else in the world.

There were times when Y/n was still living in Miami with their parents and Lauren would be performing somewhere else that night and she'd just call him, crying and panicking down the phone about what would happen if she messed up something. How she'd probably ruin the concert for all of the girls and that they'd probably hate her then.

Y/n always assured her though that things would be fine, that she needs to remember how amazing and talented she is and how she needs to channel all that nervous energy into her performance and just completely slay and blow the entire crowd away. (A/N: I'm such a rhymer 😂)

Meanwhile Normani was in the back lounge, doing her best to compose herself, Dinah was there with her and also trying to calm her down but it wasn't really working if they were honest.