Chapter 9(Her Fragile Frame)

Jake POV :-

As the two men left the room I averted my gaze to the trembling figure in front of me.

Why is she so much scared of me now...she should have thought about the consequences before opening her mouth and talking about me at my back.

I took small strides towards her...once again she was looking at every where apart from me. Tears were rolling down her soft cheeks and her breath was coming uneven.

As I went near her ...I got hold of her arm and pulled her with a jerk towards me.

As I did so...She lost her balance and directly clashed on my chest with a force and her body reacted to it immediately ...as she clutched up my suit jacket in her tiny hands for saving herself from falling.

We were now merely an inch apart...Her uneven breaths were now fanning on my neck she was so close to me now... She smelled heavenly something of roses and jasmine mixed ...whatever it was ...it was like some fresh flowers morning garden.

Fuck why am I noticing all this when I am here to punish her.

Her sobs have now converted into hiccups she was looking like that lost child now ... who was crying to find her parents back.

Now when we were so close I noticed how pale she was looking... as if she has just came out of some trauma...as if she will just go lifeless in any second.

Why she is like this?... Is their something wrong with her?... Is she having some panic attack?

She is so fragile. A thought appeared to me as I saw trembling figure in my arms.

But now I was boiling in rage. I hate fucking week people and their fake innocence facade. Its not always what it looks like.

"What the hell were you just saying?" I hissed angrily in her ear and tightening my grip on her arm remembering what she said few minutes ago when I was not here.

She squealed in pain and took a deep breath then hiccupped again.

By now she was trembling terribly and her grip on my suit jacket became tighter as if her dear life was depending on that hold.

She lifted her gaze and our eyes clashed.

'Same feared ocean blue watery eyes.' Shit I am again comparing this girl to her.

Her lips trembled a little then she whispered something very softly in-between her hiccups... barely audible.

"I don't like you...you are bad" If we would have not been so close I would have missed it what she said.

But what she said filled me with rage anger once again and took me to a black mood ...I saw red ...audacity of this girl saying this to me even in such situation.

But what happened next took me by shock.

She trembled and I saw her eyes getting closed in slow motion ...her body going limp in my arms and her hold on my jacket going loose ...but before she could completely fall and hit the floor I gripped her by her waist and pulled her closer to my body for support.

As I looked down at her fainted figure ... I felt a painful feeling of guilt and remorse arising inside me.

Why the hell I felt it. I never ever in my life felt guilty.

I recovered in seconds from that remorseful feeling arising inside me... pushing it all at the depth of my heart I composed myself again to same arrogant self.