-happy birthday-

[Kellin's POV]

Everyone always forget. I invited the SWS guys to hang out over a special occasion and they all claimed to be "busy". Vic, my own boyfriend, has been busy all day too. He had work today, down at a local record shop for when the band was on break from touring or writing. He went off to work before I woke up but left me a note telling me to stay awake until he gets home. I really hope he hadn't forgotten my birthday like everyone else.

I turn 26 today and I was excited to go out, have a beer or two, and talk with my close friends for a small celebration. Maybe even get lucky with Vic later tonight. That thought left quickly, though, because he had work. Even if we celebrated at a bar, Vic himself isn't a big partier like myself. The guys would get shit face while I prefer to stay sober, just like Vic. I enjoy a slight buzz, but not too much, for I hate looking like a complete idiot. That's also one of the many things I adore about Vic. He can have fun without alcohol.

On the other hand, he hasn't texted, called or even added a simple "happy birthday" to me. So me being a Debby Downer, I assumed he forgot just like everyone else. I feel like a child, though. Birthdays aren't a big deal, but I never forgot Justin's, Jack's, Vic's, Gabe's, Nick's and even the PTV guys birthdays.

Instead of going out like I originally planned, I made myself a small dinner- heated up spaghetti- took a shower, and watched lame chick flicks.

Vic should've been home over an hour ago. I started to get worried because he usually calls. With that thought in mind, I grab my phone and dial Vic's number. After a few rings, his angelic, soft voice spoke.

"Hello?"

"Hey, babe. Where are you?" I couldn't help the concern etched into my voice.

"I had to go shopping. I'll be home shortly. No need to worry, Kells." He chuckles lightly.

Before I got a chance to reply, he hung up after a quick "I love you".I sighed, knowing full and well he forgot it's my birthday. I grab the remote off the bedside table, turning the tv onto a music channel instead of some lame drama movie. I laid my head down on Vic's pillow, grabbing my phone.

To kill some time, I scrolled through my Instagram account. Lots of fans commented "Happy Birthday" and that made me smile.

At least they care.

I heard the front door open but stayed put on the bed knowing it's Vic. Who else has our house key? No one, so I have no need to worry. I mean, if it was a burglar, I'd assume he'd make a bit more ruckus with bashed the window or beating down the door. I lay there, still scrolling through my tagged posts. In the background, I can hear Vic messing with plastic bags, most likely from grocery shopping. He'll probably want to shower and then go straight to bed. The thought upsets me, but I quickly push it away because I know when he comes to bed he smothers me in kisses and cuddles. Even if he forgot my birthday, at least he didn't forget about me.

I can't deny the excitement that rises up in me when I hear his familiar footsteps. I sit up, waiting for him to walk in, but instead I hear his footsteps continue down the hall. Shortly, I hear the bath running. I was right. Shower then sleep. I was stupid to think he'd want to at least spend time some time with me before his nightly showers. But this is Vic. He's not heartless and always says he wants to spend as much time together as possible.

My thoughts are quickly pushed aside when I hear the door open. My eyes shoot up to be greeted with a small, loving smile from Vic. His white button up shirt has the first few buttons undone, revealing his light chest hair which I found adorable and attractive. Only on him though would I find it attractive. His black skinny jeans were unbuttoned too, and his hair messy from not being brushed since this morning before he went out. He looked very appealing to the eye if I do say so myself.